Solved [Solved]Xauth not found?

Last night,I installed xorg and tried somebody's script "5MinuteDesktop.sh",as well as after that didn't work, downloading "desktop-installer" to try and see if that would work,since,it did before.

This time, "no-go."

I am getting this error:

Code:
$startx

xauth: file /home/richard/.serverauth.1515 does not exist
xauth: (argv):1: bad disply name "freebsdbox.my.domain:0" in "list" command
xauth (stdin):1: bad display name "freebsdbox.my.domain:0" in "add" command

Shared object "libpixman-1.so.0" not found,required by "X"
xinit: giving up
xinit: uanble to connect to X server:Connection refused
xinit: server error
xauth: (argv):1: bad display name "freebsdbox.my.domain:0" in "remove" command

What does it all mean?
Any solution(s)?

Basically,I got tired of looking at the straight text-based system and thought I would install a light desktop,ie: X, I3,Flux box,whatever,but,"the best plans of mice and men go wrong!"

Re: Xauth not found?

I'm getting there.I read somewhere the first error messages are due to wrong domain name.so I corrected that and now that's good.

I'm getting the shared object message.I tried following your suggestion,but,that didn't work,so I'll keep trying to find a solution.

Re: Xauth not found?

That didn't reveal anything.

What aboutPortmaster(downloaded last night) andPortupgrade?

Update:

I don't know what happened,or,how it did it ,because the command you suggested just noted 518 files,but,didn't seem to do anything,but,maybe,it did.

However,I tried Startx and I still got the Xauth error,as in the first message,but,the system logged into the previously installed i3 desktop,black too.

I couldn't do anything,so I had to reboot.

I have uninstalled i3,and,maybe I'll install Fluxbox,or some other light desktop.

So far,it's just running the straight X windows desktop from the startx command.

Update: Fluxbox - updated .xinitrc file.Primitive window manager,but,it works.

Thank you!

Back