Solved [SOLVED] vboxmouse in Xorg no click

The short story is that the mouse in Xorg no more works. It works but clicks are ignored.

The long story. As I said in another thread, I have 3 VM in VirtualBox: 1 32bit and 2 64bit. I also said that I will not upgrade ports for a while, but I changed my mind. KDE was updated, a lot of ports should be updated, I decided to upgrade the last installed VM with the latest KDE. I started the upgrading and I noticed that the new KDE version need Xorg to be compiled with WITH_NEW_XORG set to 'yes'. Ok, I was not so happy but that's it. I thought, one of the two 64bit VM is a test machine, so I try to upgrade both Xorg and KDE with that flag. If it works I will upgrade the other one too.

Reinstallation of Xorg with the WITH_NEW_XORG definition set to 'yes'. vboxvideo driver doesn't work. Black screen. Changed to vesa works, but not at full resolution, the error was related to AIGLX settings. I descided to recompile Xorg without AIGLX flag and finally Xorg starts and works normally, but vboxmouse doesn't works. Starting moused driver in rc.conf and creating /usr/local/etc/X11/xorg.conf it works (there are differences from vboxmouse and X mouse drivers, the first has the same settings of the VirtualBox host, the second has its own very different settings, so I'm sure it was /dev/sysmouse, also confirmed by Xorg log).

Well, it was not the same without the WITH_NEW_XORG definition set to 'yes', but I can live with it. Now I can upgrade the other 64bit VM. After two days (reinstalled all ports), I now have the new Xorg with latest KDE on the other 64bit VM, but no way to have mouse working. I started moused at boot, used the same xorg.conf file as before, only changed the X mouse driver from vboxmouse to mouse (startx with root user, i.e. TWM). The mouse move, but doesn't change shape (mouse pointer icon) hovering window captions, client and desktop and clicks are ignore. I changed X mouse driver before test vboxmouse, so changed. It seems to work, mouse icons change hovering objects, but click doesn't works. Also vboxvideo works.

I saw with kldstat in the first VM the new entry drm.ko, I run kldstat on the second VM and I see it, plus uhid.ko. What's that? HID? Yes, HID. I try to unload it, twice, it doesn't unload, two kernel messages appeared in ttyv0

Code:
uhid0: <VirtualBox USB Tablet, class 0/0, rev 1.10/1.00, addr 2> on usbus0

Tablet? Looking into dmesg -a result I see

Code:

and there exists an /dev/uhid0 device. The VirtualBox settings on host are the same, The first update VM (the test machine) has FreeBSD 10.0-RELEASE, installed from FreeBSD 10.0-RELEASE, the second one also has FreeBSD 10.0-RELEASE but upgraded from 9.2-RELEASE. I use FreeBSD from relatively long time but I'm still too dumb. What can I do?

P.S. I have xorg.conf file to specify fotnt and keyboard layout/settings, Xorg was compiled without HAL, the full xorg.conf of the second VM is

Code:
Section "ServerLayout"
	Identifier			"X.org Configured"
	Screen				0 "Screen0" 0 0
	InputDevice			"Mouse0" "CorePointer"
	InputDevice			"Keyboard0" "CoreKeyboard"
EndSection

Section "ServerFlags"
	Option				"AutoAddDevices" "Off"
	Option				"AutoEnableDevices" "Off"
	Option				"AllowEmptyInput" "Off"
EndSection

Section "Files"
	ModulePath		"/usr/local/lib/xorg/modules"
	FontPath		"/usr/local/lib/X11/fonts/dejavu/"
	FontPath		"/usr/local/lib/X11/fonts/misc/"
	FontPath		"/usr/local/lib/X11/fonts/TTF/"
	FontPath		"/usr/local/lib/X11/fonts/OTF/"
	FontPath		"/usr/local/lib/X11/fonts/Type1/"
	FontPath		"/usr/local/lib/X11/fonts/100dpi/"
	FontPath		"/usr/local/lib/X11/fonts/75dpi/"
	FontPath		"/usr/local/lib/X11/fonts/freethread/"
	FontPath		"/usr/local/lib/X11/fonts/webfonts/"
EndSection

Section "Module"
	Load			"extmod"
	Load			"record"
	Load			"dbe"
	Load			"dri"
	Load			"dri2"
	Load			"glx"
	Load			"freetype"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
	Identifier		"Keyboard0"
	Driver			"kbd"
	Option			"XkbModel" "pc105"
	Option			"XkbLayout" "it"
	Option			"XkbOptions" "numpad:microsoft"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
	Identifier		"Mouse0"
	#Driver			"mouse"
	Driver			"vboxmouse"
	#Option			"Protocol" "auto"
	#Option			"Device" "/dev/sysmouse"
	#Option			"ZAxisMapping" "4 5 6 7"
EndSection

Section "Monitor"
	Identifier		"Monitor0"
	VendorName		"Monitor Vendor"
	ModelName		"Monitor Model"
	#VendorName		"Acer"
	#ModelName		"S220 HQL"
	#VertRefresh	10-100
	#HorizSync		10-100
EndSection

Section "Device"
	### Available Driver options are:-
	### Values: <i>: integer, <f>: float, <bool>: "True"/"False",
	### <string>: "String", <freq>: "<f> Hz/kHz/MHz",
	### <percent>: "<f>%"
	### [arg]: arg optional
	#Option				"ShadowFB"           	# [<bool>]
	#Option				"DefaultRefresh"     	# [<bool>]
	#Option				"ModeSetClearScreen" 	# [<bool>]
	Identifier			"Card0"
	Driver				"vboxvideo"
	VendorName			"InnoTek Systemberatung GmbH"
	BoardName			"VirtualBox Graphics Adapter"
	BusID				"PCI:0:2:0"
EndSection

Section "Screen"
	Identifier			"Screen0"
	Device				"Card0"
	Monitor				"Monitor0"
	#DefaultDepth		24
	SubSection "Display"
		Viewport		0 0
		Depth			1
		#Modes			"1920x1080" "1280x1024"
	EndSubSection
	SubSection "Display"
		Viewport		0 0
		Depth			4
	EndSubSection
	SubSection "Display"
		Viewport		0 0
		Depth			8
	EndSubSection
	SubSection "Display"
		Viewport		0 0
		Depth			15
	EndSubSection
	SubSection "Display"
		Viewport		0 0
		Depth			16
	EndSubSection
	SubSection "Display"
		Viewport		0 0
		Depth			24
	EndSubSection
EndSection

Re: vboxmouse in Xorg no click

Thank you, @SirDice, at the time I red the thread in your link, but forgot of it. That's what I've done:

• created the file /usr/local/etc/hal/fdi/policy/90-vboxguest.fdi as suggested by @vermaden
  • rebooted the system with shutdown -r now
Nothing changed.

• removed the file /usr/local/etc/hal/fdi/policy/90-vboxguest.fdi
  • reinstalled emulators/virtualbox-ose-additions without uninstalling libiconv, it compiled and installed with no errors.
Nothing changed.

• recreated the file /usr/local/etc/hal/fdi/policy/90-vboxguest.fdi
Nothing changed.

I forgot to mention, there is a warning message in Xorg.0.log at [ 30.128] it only happens with vboxmouse driver. Anyhow, I suspect the system think I have a thouch screen and a mouse with no buttons (HID, Tablet). This box is a Zotac ID83, if I remember you also have a Zotac.

Code:
[    29.745] 
X.Org X Server 1.12.4
Release Date: 2012-08-27
[    29.745] X Protocol Version 11, Revision 0
[    29.745] Build Operating System: FreeBSD 10.0-RELEASE amd64 
[    29.745] Current Operating System: FreeBSD gamma.freethread.lan 10.0-RELEASE FreeBSD 10.0-RELEASE #0 r260789: Thu Jan 16 22:34:59 UTC 2014     root@snap.freebsd.org:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC amd64
[    29.745] Build Date: 03 March 2014  03:04:01AM
[    29.745]  
[    29.745] Current version of pixman: 0.32.4
[    29.745] 	Before reporting problems, check http://wiki.x.org
	to make sure that you have the latest version.
[    29.745] Markers: (--) probed, (**) from config file, (==) default setting,
	(++) from command line, (!!) notice, (II) informational,
	(WW) warning, (EE) error, (NI) not implemented, (??) unknown.
[    29.745] (==) Log file: "/var/log/Xorg.0.log", Time: Tue Mar  4 14:07:29 2014
[    29.747] (==) Using config file: "/usr/local/etc/X11/xorg.conf"
[    29.748] (==) ServerLayout "X.org Configured"
[    29.748] (**) |-->Screen "Screen0" (0)
[    29.748] (**) |   |-->Monitor "Monitor0"
[    29.748] (**) |   |-->Device "Card0"
[    29.748] (**) |-->Input Device "Mouse0"
[    29.748] (**) |-->Input Device "Keyboard0"
[    29.748] (**) Option "AutoAddDevices" "Off"
[    29.748] (**) Option "AutoEnableDevices" "Off"
[    29.748] (**) Not automatically adding devices
[    29.748] (**) Not automatically enabling devices
[    29.757] (WW) The directory "/usr/local/lib/X11/fonts/freethread/" does not exist.
[    29.757] 	Entry deleted from font path.
[    29.758] (**) FontPath set to:
	/usr/local/lib/X11/fonts/dejavu/,
	/usr/local/lib/X11/fonts/misc/,
	/usr/local/lib/X11/fonts/TTF/,
	/usr/local/lib/X11/fonts/OTF/,
[    29.837] (II) Initializing built-in extension XFIXES
[    29.837] (II) Initializing built-in extension RENDER
[    29.837] (II) Initializing built-in extension RANDR
[    29.837] (II) Initializing built-in extension COMPOSITE
[    29.837] (II) Initializing built-in extension DAMAGE
[    29.885] (II) AIGLX: Loaded and initialized swrast
[    29.885] (II) GLX: Initialized DRISWRAST GL provider for screen 0
[    29.885] (II) VBoxVideo(0): Setting screen physical size to 508 x 285
[    30.127] (II) Using input driver 'vboxmouse' for 'Mouse0'
[    30.127] (**) Option "CorePointer"
[    30.127] (**) Mouse0: always reports core events
[    30.127] (**) Mouse0: Device: "/dev/vboxguest"
[    30.127] (II) XINPUT: Adding extended input device "Mouse0" (type: MOUSE, id 6)
[    30.127] (**) Mouse0: (accel) keeping acceleration scheme 1
[    30.127] (**) Mouse0: (accel) acceleration profile 0
[    30.127] (**) Mouse0: (accel) acceleration factor: 2.000
[    30.127] (**) Mouse0: (accel) acceleration threshold: 4
[    30.127] (II) Mouse0: On.
[    30.128] (WW) fcntl(13, O_ASYNC): Inappropriate ioctl for device
[    30.128] (II) Using input driver 'kbd' for 'Keyboard0'
[    30.128] (**) Option "CoreKeyboard"
[    30.128] (**) Keyboard0: always reports core events
[    30.128] (**) Keyboard0: always reports core events
[    30.128] (**) Option "Protocol" "standard"
[    30.128] (**) Option "XkbRules" "base"
[    30.128] (**) Option "XkbModel" "pc105"
[    30.128] (**) Option "XkbLayout" "it"
[    30.128] (**) Option "XkbOptions" "numpad:microsoft"
[    30.128] (II) XINPUT: Adding extended input device "Keyboard0" (type: KEYBOARD, id 7)
[   107.636] (II) Mouse0: Off.
[   107.636] (II) Mouse0: Close
[   107.636] (II) UnloadModule: "vboxmouse"
[   107.636] (II) UnloadModule: "kbd"
[   107.644] (II) VBoxVideo(0): [drm] removed 1 reserved context for kernel
[   107.644] (II) VBoxVideo(0): [drm] unmapping 8192 bytes of SAREA 0x10000000000 at 0x800814000
[   107.645] (II) VBoxVideo(0): [drm] Closed DRM master.
[   107.666] Server terminated successfully (0). Closing log file.

Last thing about the 'three mouse clicks' mentioned by @wblock. With vboxmouse driver I always have to click three times to enable mouse click, in every FreeBSD version I installed in VirtualBox (8.2? or 9.0), but in the test VM (it works only with X mouse driver) the mouse doesn't need all those clicks, it works as soon as X shows the desktop.

I feel less dumb than what I guessed, I will try something else.

Last edited by a moderator:

I made some tests. Starting X with and without moused enabled, setting all the combinations in xorg.conf of Driver "mouse"/Driver "vboxmouse" and Option "Device" "/dev/sysmouse"/Option "Device" "/dev/uhid0", no one worked, only the combination Driver "mouse" + Option "Device" "/dev/uhid0" do something: press all buttons while slow moving pointer around the screen and then Xorg crash exitng. The resulting Xorg.0.log.

Some info:

Code:
# moused -p /dev/sysmouse -i all
/dev/sysmouse sysmouse sysmouse generic

Code:
# moused -p /dev/uhid0 -i all
moused: unable to get status of mouse fd: Invalid argument
moused: cannot determine mouse type on /dev/uhid0
/dev/uhid0 unknown unknown generic

Code:
# usbhidctl -f /dev/uhid0 -a -v -r
Report descriptor:
Collection type=Application page=Generic_Desktop usage=Mouse
Collection type=Physical page=Generic_Desktop usage=Pointer
Input   rid=0 size=1 count=1 page=Button usage=Button_1, logical range 0..1
Input   rid=0 size=1 count=1 page=Button usage=Button_2, logical range 0..1
Input   rid=0 size=1 count=1 page=Button usage=Button_3, logical range 0..1
Input   rid=0 size=1 count=1 page=Button usage=Button_4, logical range 0..1
Input   rid=0 size=1 count=1 page=Button usage=Button_5, logical range 0..1
Input   rid=0 size=3 count=1 page=0x0000 usage=0x0000 Const, logical range 0..1
Input   rid=0 size=8 count=1 page=Generic_Desktop usage=Wheel, logical range -127..127
Input   rid=0 size=8 count=1 page=Consumer usage=AC_Pan, logical range -127..127
Input   rid=0 size=8 count=1 page=0x0000 usage=0x0000 Const, logical range -127..127
Input   rid=0 size=16 count=1 page=Generic_Desktop usage=X, logical range 0..32767, physical range 0..32767
Input   rid=0 size=16 count=1 page=Generic_Desktop usage=Y, logical range 0..32767, physical range 0..32767
End collection
End collection
Total   input size 8 bytes
Total  output size 0 bytes
Total feature size 0 bytes
usbhidctl: hid_get_report(rid 0): Device not configured
Got input report 0 (8 bytes):
Generic_Desktop:Mouse.Generic_Desktop:Pointer.Button:Button_1=
Generic_Desktop:Mouse.Generic_Desktop:Pointer.Button:Button_2=
Generic_Desktop:Mouse.Generic_Desktop:Pointer.Button:Button_3=
Generic_Desktop:Mouse.Generic_Desktop:Pointer.Button:Button_4=
Generic_Desktop:Mouse.Generic_Desktop:Pointer.Button:Button_5=
Generic_Desktop:Mouse.Generic_Desktop:Pointer.Generic_Desktop:Wheel=
Generic_Desktop:Mouse.Generic_Desktop:Pointer.Consumer:AC_Pan=
Generic_Desktop:Mouse.Generic_Desktop:Pointer.Generic_Desktop:X=
Generic_Desktop:Mouse.Generic_Desktop:Pointer.Generic_Desktop:Y=

It's listed by lshal too. It seems there are two mouse pointer, sysmouse and uhid0, in console I don't see the pointer arrow, no one works, like if the two share parts of the same device. In uhid(4)
Code:
To compile this driver into the kernel, place the following line in your kernel configuration file:

device uhid

Alternatively, to load the driver as a module at boot time, place the following line in loader.conf(5):

uhid_load="YES"

I have none of those, I use GENERIC kernel, in /sys/amd64/conf/GENERIC file the line device uhid is not present, but uhid.ko module is loaded at start-up.

Xorg server config, maybe this is strange, using DEVD option, but it's the same for both VMs.
Code:
   ┌────────────────────────── xorg-server-1.12.4_4,1 ────────────────────────────┐
   │ ┌──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────┐ │
   │ │ [ ] AIGLX  Compile with Accelerated Indirect GLX support                 │ │
   │ │ [x] SUID   Install the Xorg server with setuid bit set                   │ │
   │ │─────────────────────────────────── CONF ─────────────────────────────────│ │
   │ │ ( ) HAL    Compile with HAL config support                               │ │
   │ │ (*) DEVD   Use devd for autoconfiguration of input devices (experimental)│ │
   │ └──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────┘ │
   ├──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────┤
   │                       <  OK  >            <Cancel>                           │
   └──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────┘

Xorg drivers config.
Code:
   ┌───────────────────────────── xorg-drivers-7.7 ───────────────────────────────┐
   │ ┌──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────┐ │
   │ │ [ ] ACECAD         Install acecad input driver                           │ │
   │ │ [ ] APM            Install apm video driver                              │ │
   │ │ [ ] ARK            Install ark video driver                              │ │
   │ │ [ ] ATI            Install ati video driver                              │ │
   │ │ [ ] CHIPS          Install chips video driver                            │ │
   │ │ [ ] CYRIX          Install cyrix video driver                            │ │
   │ │ [ ] DUMMY          Install dummy video driver                            │ │
   │ │ [ ] ELOGRAPHICS    Install elographics input driver                      │ │
   │ │ [ ] FBDEV          Install fbdev video driver                            │ │
   │ │ [ ] GLINT          Install glint video driver                            │ │
   │ │ [ ] HYPERPEN       Install hyperpen input driver                         │ │
   │ │ [ ] I128           Install i128 video driver                             │ │
   │ │ [ ] I740           Install i740 video driver                             │ │
   │ │ [x] INTEL          Install intel video driver                            │ │
   │ │ [ ] JOYSTICK       Install joystick input driver                         │ │
   │ │ [x] KEYBOARD       Install keyboard input driver                         │ │
   │ │ [ ] MACH64         Install mach64 video driver                           │ │
   │ │ [ ] MAGICTOUCH     Install magictouch input driver                       │ │
   │ │ [ ] MGA            Install mga video driver                              │ │
   │ │ [x] MOUSE          Install mouse input driver                            │ │
   │ │ [ ] MUTOUCH        Install mutouch input driver                          │ │
   │ │ [ ] NEOMAGIC       Install neomagic video driver                         │ │
   │ │ [ ] NEWPORT        Install newport video driver                          │ │
   │ │ [ ] NV             Install nv video driver                               │ │
   │ │ [ ] OPENCHROME     Install openchrome video driver                       │ │
   │ │ [ ] PENMOUNT       Install penmount input driver                         │ │
   │ │ [ ] R128           Install r128 video driver                             │ │
   │ │ [ ] RENDITION      Install rendition video driver                        │ │
   │ │ [ ] S3             Install s3 video driver                               │ │
   │ │ [ ] S3VIRGE        Install s3virge video driver                          │ │
   │ │ [ ] SAVAGE         Install savage video driver                           │ │
   │ │ [ ] SILICONMOTION  Install siliconmotion video driver                    │ │
   │ │ [ ] SIS            Install sis video driver                              │ │
   │ │ [ ] SYNAPTICS      Install synaptics input driver                        │ │
   │ │ [ ] TDFX           Install tdfx video driver                             │ │
   │ │ [ ] TGA            Install tga video driver                              │ │
   │ │ [ ] TRIDENT        Install trident video driver                          │ │
   │ │ [ ] TSENG          Install tseng video driver                            │ │
   │ │ [x] VESA           Install vesa video driver                             │ │
   │ │ [ ] VMMOUSE        Install vmmouse input driver                          │ │
   │ │ [ ] VMWARE         Install vmware video driver                           │ │
   │ │ [ ] VOID           Install void input driver                             │ │
   │ │ [ ] VOODOO         Install voodoo video driver                           │ │
   │ └──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────┘ │
   ├──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────┤
   │                       <  OK  >            <Cancel>                           │
   └──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────┘

It still works like a charm for me but there are a few caveats. First is moused. If I leave that service running then X doesn't work properly. So these days I leave that off. If I specify the device to use in Xorg.conf then things also stop working. So I ended up with this:

Code:
Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier  "Mouse0"
        Driver      "vboxmouse"
        Option      "Protocol" "auto"
EndSection
And the final caveat; once I started X then the mouse doesn't work straight away. VirtualBox does recognize it; it shows the mouse integration status icon, but whatever I do I can't click anything. Only after I clicked for, say, 3 or 4 times do things start to work. And from there on everything behaves normally.

Hope this can help you out a bit.

ShelLuser said:
Code:
Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier  "Mouse0"
        Driver      "vboxmouse"
        Option      "Protocol" "auto"
EndSection

No, it doesn't help, I guess it's something sneaky. I saved the result of the dmesg -a command, there are very few differences but perhaps they are the key. Initially I compared the three files in /etc/devd, they are the same (in WinMerge), because of this in dmesg
Code:
Starting devd.
the uhid0 device appear next to devd starts, anyhow I guess the problem is in the following lines near the head of the files

delta host (the test VM, that works)
Code:
usbus0: 12Mbps Full Speed USB v1.0
usbus1: 480Mbps High Speed USB v2.0
ugen0.1: <Apple> at usbus0
uhub0: <Apple OHCI root HUB, class 9/0, rev 1.00/1.00, addr 1> on usbus0
ugen1.1: <Intel> at usbus1
uhub1: <Intel EHCI root HUB, class 9/0, rev 2.00/1.00, addr 1> on usbus1
Root mount waiting for: usbus1 usbus0
uhub0: 8 ports with 8 removable, self powered
Root mount waiting for: usbus1
uhub1: 8 ports with 8 removable, self powered

gamma host (where exists uhid0)
Code:
usbus0: 12Mbps Full Speed USB v1.0
usbus1: 480Mbps High Speed USB v2.0
ugen1.1: <Intel> at usbus1
uhub0: <Intel EHCI root HUB, class 9/0, rev 2.00/1.00, addr 1> on usbus1
ugen0.1: <Apple> at usbus0
uhub1: <Apple OHCI root HUB, class 9/0, rev 1.00/1.00, addr 1> on usbus0
uhub1: 8 ports with 8 removable, self powered
ugen0.2: <VirtualBox> at usbus0
uhub0: 8 ports with 8 removable, self powered

Apple/Intel assignments are different, don't know what it means but this is the only difference that is related to USB/HID.

I solved this 'anomaly' and I'm glad this issue don't depend on FreeBSD, it's related to VirtualBox itself.

I compared the two VirtualBox machine configuration files (the .vbox files), the premise is that the two VM was created (in VirtualBox) in two very different periods with two different versions of VirtualBox on the host machine, so I expect few differences, but not different behaviors if I have the same settings for both VMs. In brief the two .vbox files was

gamma Guest (the older)
Code:
<Memory RAMSize="3072" PageFusion="false"/>
<HID Pointing="USBTablet" Keyboard="PS2Keyboard"/>
<HPET enabled="false"/>
<USBController enabled="true" enabledEhci="true"/>

delta Guest (the newer)
Code:
<Memory RAMSize="2048" PageFusion="false"/>
<HID Pointing="PS2Mouse" Keyboard="PS2Keyboard"/>
<HPET enabled="false"/>
<USB>
    <Controllers>
        <Controller name="OHCI" type="OHCI"/>
        <Controller name="EHCI" type="EHCI"/>
    </Controllers>
    <DeviceFilters/>
</USB>

I set the above configuration of delta in gamma and now the mouse works (/dev/sysmouse). Setting vboxmouse in xorg.conf it doesn't work. Also, the uhid0 device is disappeared, now the two machine has the same xorg.conf settings.

I'm still not satisfied, I'm more happy if I can set vboxmouse in xorg.conf but now I stick with this configuration.

I twiked the VirtualBox configuration file some more. I not found information on the Net about mouse and keyboard, also I'm not used to VBoxManage tool. I guessed the options to put in HID section, I set them as follows and worked

Code:
<HID Pointing="USBMouse" Keyboard="USBKeyboard"/>

I really have an USB keybord and it seems have the same behavior in VirtualBox host (delay and repeat chars). The mouse works without loading it in rc.conf, i.e. removing the line or set it to "NO"

Code:
moused_enable="YES"

The only issue I have is in KDE, when mouse pointer hover tab items, buttons, window borders and other objects, VirtualBox take control of it and the mouse pointer 'jump' on the VirtualBox bar.

Update: Whith those VirtualBox settings a new kernel module is loaded ums.ko USB mouse driver.

moused_enable="YES" is only needed for PS/2 mice. USB mice get their own copy of moused, started by devd(8) when the mouse is detected.

wblock@ said:
moused_enable="YES" is only needed for PS/2 mice. USB mice get their own copy of moused, started by devd(8) when the mouse is detected.

Yes, now I remember. I only saw yesterday that VirtualBox assigned PS2 to mouse and keyboard on the last VM I created, and USBTablet on the one I reinstalled xorg and KDE. Normally I trust in what programs do (some kind of programs) and do not go to read their configuration files and such (I'm talking about VirtualBox), but this time was necessary to get back my working VM.

It doesn't work as before. The graphics is quite faster than before and I unchecked the AIGLX flag in xorg-server, and checked the OPENGL flag in virtualbox-ose-additions, it's absurd but it works (it's a VM, perhaps VirtualBox has an ace hidden somewhere). In KDE I set OpenGL 3 and got no errors unlike the old installation (without WITH_NEW_XORG set). The keyboard is only a keyboard, ther's nothing to say, the mouse behave differently in X respect to Windows, or at least with the settings I prefear, with vboxmouse it become the same, now no more work, or better, I was not able to get it to work with it, actually the mouse driver is loaded in X with /dev/sysmouse device.

Back