Solved [Solved] Poudriere produces weird errors?

SirDice

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I'm using ports-mgmt/poudriere-devel on FreeBSD 9.2-RELEASE. Last week I ran an update and everything built just fine. This week I updated the ports tree poudriere ports -u and now a lot of ports fail to build. It looks like poudriere is using some environment variables as a build target.

Some examples:
net/openldap24-client fails with
Code:
make: don't know how to make OPENSSL_CFLAGS. Stop
security/openssl fails with
Code:
make: don't know how to make WHOLE_ARCHIVE_FLAG. Stop
www/lynx fails with
Code:
make: don't know how to make helpdir. Stop
sysutils/zabbix2-agent fails with
Code:
make: don't know how to make ARCH. Stop
Other ports fail too, all with similar error messages. Those same ports seem to build just fine outside of poudriere. Anybody know what the cause might be?

Re: Poudriere produces weird errors?

kpa said:
It's not a poudriere problem, the net/openldap24-client port fails to build with the same error with just plain make install. This is on FreeBSD 10 though.
Odd, it builds just fine on 9.2-RELEASE.

I had a feeling it had something to do with one of the /usr/ports/Mk/ files. Biggest question now is, does this need to be fixed in poudriere or the ports tree?

The problem is with
Code:
${MAKE_ARGS:C,${DESTDIRNAME}=.*,,g}

What's happening is DESTDIRNAME isn't set so it expands out to ${MAKE_ARGS:C,=.*,,g}, and in the case for net/openldap24-client MAKE_ARGS gets converted from 'OPENSSL_CFLAGS=-DNO_IDEA' to 'OPENSSL_CFLAGS'.

I'm not sure if the correct fix is to always set DESTDIRNAME or add a conditional to modify MAKE_ARGS if it is.

What's the purpose of DESTDIRNAME? I've tried defining it in make.conf but that doesn't seem to change much.

First thing I did today was update the ports tree and do a rebuild. Everything builds as it should now. Not exactly sure what went wrong but I'm sure it had something to do with the massive restructuring of the ports system.

SirDice said:
First thing I did today was update the ports tree and do a rebuild. Everything builds as it should now. Not exactly sure what went wrong but I'm sure it had something to do with the massive restructuring of the ports system.

I had some similar problems that same day but they all appear to have been fixed. Largely complaints about make targets.

Back