Solved [SOLVED] poudriere no digests.txz for 9.x, different for 10

Hello I'm trying to build a fresh poudriere repo to serve as captive repo for my machines using pkg. The build machine is running 10-RELEASE i386, newly updated to 10.0-RELEASE-p7.

I followed the instructions here: http://www.freebsd.org/doc/handbook/ports-poudriere.html and things seemed to work.

Specifically, I made three jails/targets and a ports tree:

Code:
poudriere jail -c -j release91i386 -v 9.1-RELEASE
poudriere ports -c -p local
poudriere bulk -j release91i386 -p local -f ./pkg_list 

poudriere jail -c -j release92i386 -v 9.2-RELEASE
poudriere bulk -j release92i386 -p local -f ./pkg_list

poudriere jail -c -j release100i386 -v 10.0-RELEASE
poudriere bulk -j release100i386 -p local -f ./pkg_list

This all seemed to work, but the resulting packages/directories in the different output trees are different. For the 9.x jails there are lots of symbolic links and no packagesite.txz, meta.txz or digests.txz files. The release100i386 directory has the familiar Latest/, All/ and 3 txz files. This is what I see on the freebsd FreeBSD pkg server and what my old poudriere repo looks like.

When I try to point my clients at the the release91i386 repo, they complain about missing digests.txz.

I did a small rebuild with poudriere bulk to show how the end result from its output differs according to which jail I use.

This is for release9.2

Code:
====>> Stopping 2 builders
====>> Preparing INDEX
====>> Generating INDEX... done
====>> Compressing INDEX-9... done
====>> Cleaning up
====>> Umounting file systems
====>> Built ports: ports-mgmt/pkg editors/emacs-nox11

====>> [release92i386-local] 2 packages built, 0 failures, 0 ignored, 0 skipped

And this is for 10:

Code:
====>> Stopping 1 builders
====>> Creating pkgng repository
Creating repository in /packages: 100%
Packing files for repository: 100%
====>> Cleaning up
====>> Umounting file systems
====>> Built ports: editors/emacs-nox11

====>> [release100i386-local] 1 packages built, 0 failures, 0 ignored, 0 skipped

As you can see, the release9x one says it's building INDEX-9, and indeed this file INDEX-9.bz2 is in /usr/local/poudriere/data/packages/release92i386-local/.

The release100 invocation ends by saying it's building a PKGNG repo. And it does make the familiar txz files.

But I really need 9.x to work. How can I make poudriere do the same thing for all jails and give me a functional pkg[ng] repo?

Re: poudriere builds no digests.txz for 9.x, different for 1

The 10.0-RELEASE jail uses pkg by default while the 9.X-RELEASE jails do not. Tell them to use pkg.

echo 'WITH_PKGNG=yes' >> /usr/local/etc/poudriere.d/release91i386-make.conf
echo 'WITH_PKGNG=yes' >> /usr/local/etc/poudriere.d/release92i386-make.conf

Re: poudriere builds no digests.txz for 9.x, different for 1

Thanks a lot, this looks like it fixed it.

Back