Solved [Solved] mc-light subshell doesn't work in FreeBSD 10

Good day

misc/mc-light subshell doesn't work in FreeBSD 10.
Code:
[root@o-xxx /usr/ports/misc/mc-light]# uname -a
FreeBSD o-xxx 10.0-RELEASE FreeBSD 10.0-RELEASE #0 r260789: Thu Jan 16 22:34:59 UTC 2014     root@snap.freebsd.org:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC  amd64

[root@o-xxx /usr/ports/misc/mc-light]# mc -V
The Midnight Commander 4.1.40-pre9
with mouse support on xterm.
Edition: text mode.
Virtual File System: tarfs, extfs, ftpfs, mcfs.
With builtin Editor
Using S-lang library with termcap database
With subshell support: as default
With DUSUM command
With support for background operations
Bash is my default shell.

Re: mc-light subshell doesn't work in FreeBSD 10

"Doesn't work" does not tell us much. Do you get error message(s) when you you try to open/close a subshell? If so what are they. If not, tell us what happens (or does not happen) when you try to open/close a subshell.

Ok, pressing Ctl+O shows the background, but I can't execute any shell commands, I return to two panels mode when pressing any key. In a clean FreeBSD 9.2 (just installed + Bash + mc-light) subshell works well, but not in FreeBSD 10.

This always worked for me, have you tried to reinstall using portmaster misc/mc?

Just now. No effect. But I use mc-light, not mc.

In an mc subshell it works well, in mc-light - not.

trh411 said:
I've created a VM and am in the process of building shells/bash and misc/mc-light. I will report back with the results.
skyway said:
ok, pressing ctrl+O shows the background, but I can't execute any shell commands, I return to two panels mode when pressing any key.
I have the same issue with my installation of misc/mc-light built with the SUBSHELL option. When the subshell "panel" is displayed, pressing any key returns to the main (two-panel) display. Sorry I don't have better news to report. This option appears to be broken.

I don't know, if it is related, but I have seen a similar behavior with the standard misc/mc over the SSH connections, which was dependent on the terminal emulation settings. Too long ago to recall more than the words "dumb terminal" was part of the problem.

Back