Solved [Solved] MariaDB Script conflict with MariaDB Server

Hi community, I was trying to install mariadb on my dedicated server and had a problem. I was following this guide (I'm sorry if I can't put links on this board) and when I get the part install mariadb scripts I get this output.

Code:
root@ns3362353:/usr/ports/databases/mariadb-scripts # make install clean
===>  Installing for mariadb53-scripts-5.3.12_4
===>   mariadb53-scripts-5.3.12_4 depends on file: /usr/local/bin/perl5.16.3 - found
===>   mariadb53-scripts-5.3.12_4 depends on shared library: libmysqlclient.so.16 - found (/usr/local/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient.so.16) - found (/usr/local/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient.so.16)
===>  Checking if mariadb53-scripts already installed
===>   Registering installation for mariadb53-scripts-5.3.12_4
pkg-static: mariadb53-scripts-5.3.12_4 conflicts with mariadb53-server-5.3.12_4
(installs files into the same place).  Problematic file: /usr/local/bin/mysql_convert_table_format
*** [fake-pkg] Error code 70

Stop in /usr/ports/databases/mariadb-scripts.

I'm using
Code:
FreeBSD 9.3-RELEASE #0 r268512: Thu Jul 10 23:44:39 UTC 2014     root@snap.freebsd.org:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC  amd64

Re: MariaDB Script conflict with MariaDB Server

Looking at the package list under /usr/ports/databases/mariadb-scripts/pkg-plist it seems that most of the binaries installed are already included with MariaDB (I'm using MariaDB 5.5). Perhaps they have been integrated over time. You may want to contact the maintainer of the databases/mariadb-scripts port to ask if the scripts that are part of Maria DB should be removed.

Re: MariaDB Script conflict with MariaDB Server

junovitch said:
Looking at the package list under /usr/ports/databases/mariadb-scripts/pkg-plist it seems that most of the binaries installed are already included with MariaDB (I'm using MariaDB 5.5). Perhaps they have been integrated over time. You may want to contact the maintainer of the databases/mariadb-scripts port to ask if the scripts that are part of Maria DB should be removed.

Hi @junovitch, I was trying to install this one because of the guide, but I saw the 5.5 already release and I install it. Now it's working perfectly, thanks :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back