Solved [Solved] libcrypto?

Hi,

I'm trying to compile the latest version (1.77) of s3fs (the version in ports is 1.71) but when I ran ./configure, it fails with this error message:

Code:
configure: error: Package requirements (fuse >= 2.8.4 libcurl >= 7.0 libxml-2.0 >= 2.6 libcrypto >= 0.9) were not met:

Package libcrypto was not found in the pkg-config search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing `libcrypto.pc'
to the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable
Package 'libcrypto', required by 'world', not found

I've searched for a package named libcrypto in /usr/ports but couldn't find anything; anyone knows what's the name of that package?

Also, is it possible to determine which package contains a specific file? (for example, in Debian I can run dpkg -S <file> or apt-file search <file> to get the name of the package that has <file>, is there an equivalent in FreeBSD?).

Re: libcrypto?

pkg which $file, pkg(8).

libcrypto is in the base system, not a package, /lib/libcrypto.so.7 in FreeBSD 10.

DutchDaemon said:
pkg which $file, pkg(8).

This only works if the file is already installed in the system, what I'd like to know is what package would install a specific file (that's possible in debian and other distributions).

libcrypto is in the base system, not a package, /lib/libcrypto.so.7 in FreeBSD 10.

I guess s3fs is looking for other files besides the library, probably some development files, but I don't know how to determine which package (if any) has that files :(

There is some sed-fu in the port Makefile which explicitly states linking with -lcrypto, see yourself.

Did you try to change the version in the Makefile, remove distinfo and do make install? It may work sometimes this easy way.

There is no build-in tool which can search remote repositories for file contents/paths in packages yet, as far as I know.

DutchDaemon said:
Look at the EXAMPLES section of pkg-query(8).

The %Fp macro is not available in pkg-rquery(8) because the remote repository doesn't have an index of the files contained in the packages. For local packages the index is in the sqlite database local.sqlite and that's why you can query for files contained in locally installed package.

I'd like you to know that I found the relevant package, is openssl (I had to look into a Debian box to have a clue of what package should have the libcrypto thing, it's a shame that FreeBSD does not provide the tools to do that).

Thanks to everybody that helped me!

Back