[SOLVED] how to install the NVIDIA proprietary driver

i'm sorry its not a driver problem, but i have 2 problems and don't find solutions that works :
  • i can't install anything using my user session, with terminal, no permissions
  • i can't open and use my internal SSD data drive witch is EXT4 fs...
XFCE session...

i'm sorry its not a driver problem, but i have 2 problems and don't find solutions that works :
  • i can't install anything using my user session, with terminal, no permissions
  • i can't open and use my internal SSD data drive witch is EXT4 fs...
XFCE session...
su or sudo to install things
ext4 partitions: if they are not mounted you may need to explicitly mount them or load the "fusefs" module.

installed SUDO while being root on console, relog into my user and got this

Password:
userx is not in the sudoers file. This incident will be reported.

i saw a pkg :
fusefs-ext2-0.0.10_2 FUSE module to mount ext2, ext3 and ext4 with read write support
i need to put it in my rc.conf ? fusefs-ext2_load="YES" ?

installed SUDO while being root on console, relog into my user and got this

Password:
userx is not in the sudoers file. This incident will be reported.
It is very similar to ArchLinux which you mentioned you were using before.

Your user needs to be allowed to request superuser permission and this is specified in /etc/sudoers. The visudo program offers checking of the file so should generally be used.

You can also use su (and type your root password.)

on arch, when you create your user you can directly use SUDO without doing nothing more (just need to be part of the wheel group, close the same ;) )

i solved with your help the SUDO problem by editing the sudoers files, removed comments before %wheel... and works fine, many thanks, but still cant mount my EXT4 internal SSD where i have all of my jobs in :(

Back