Solved [SOLVED] Concerns over the Intel GMA 3150 GPU

Hello, I'd like to voice a few concerns I'm having over the status of FreeBSD's support for Intel's GMA 3150 graphical chipset, since the only computer I can use for the rest of the year is using it. And I've heard that the final release of FreeBSD 10.1 may be using vt by default (if that isn't the case, then I guess I have nothing to worry about).

Is FreeBSD 10.1 KMS planned to support the chipset?
And will vt be using the vesa driver by default?

Re: Concerns over the Intel GMA 3150 GPU

I'm not sure, but I think GMA 3150 has been supported for a very long time, even on 8.x. And no, vt(4) isn't default on 10.1, but it's compiled in kernel by default, so you only have to put
Code:
kern.vty=vt
to /boot/loader.conf, and reboot.

Well, it looks like those concerns have already been dispelled by the latest package upgrade with xf86-video-intel-2.21.15_4!
the driver works with X.org and is predictably much faster than the vesa.
But I can't switch back to the native TTY's at the moment, I'm not going to be impatient and switch back to vesa over that.
I consider my prayers answered, and will mark this thread as solved.

cenu said:
Well, it looks like those concerns have already been dispelled by the latest package upgrade with xf86-video-intel-2.21.15_4!
The driver works with X.org and is predictably much faster than the vesa.
But I can't switch back to the native TTY's at the moment, I'm not going to be impatient and switch back to vesa over that.
I consider my prayers answered, and will mark this thread as solved.

Back