Solved [Solved] Apache does not parse html after upgrade

I have had Apache running for a long time serving a very simple HTML page.
I have Apache listening for HTTPS on port 80, which is kind of unorthdox.
It has been working until I upgraded to FreeBSD 10.0.

Now when I go to the page, no matter the browser, I can see the HTML code without the browser parsing and presenting the page properly.
In other words, I can see the raw HTML code (<html><body>...)
The page works as expected if I open the same file from my browser (file:///usr/local/www/rrd/index.html).

I also have roundcube running on the same machine. It is also strange with parts missing.

I have no idea of where to look since I did not change the config for Apache.
Any ideas?

Re: Apache does not parse html after upgrade

When you upgraded to 10.0, did you rebuild and re-install all your ports? Or did you just install misc/compat9x. Does /usr/ports/UPDATING entry 20140322 for a rebuild of one of Apache's dependencies apply in any way to you?

I have rebuilt all my ports twice since the upgrade.
I do not have compat9x nor aprl installed.

I forgot to mention that I have squirrelmail installed, and it still works.

Very odd. The reason I asked about the ports was to just make sure everything had been updated recently. You should have apr installed as it's a dependency of either www/apache22 and www/apache24. It lists itself as apr even though the full port origin in devel/apr1. Either way not an issue if everything has been upgraded lately.

It almost looks as if Apache doesn't recognize .html pages as MIME type text/html anymore.

Is it 2.2 or 2.4? Does changing this in the httpd.conf change anything? Don't do this permanently, just to test.
Code:
DefaultType text/plain

To this:
Code:
DefaultType text/html

I don't remember when and where it happened (few months ago), nor if on apache22 or apache24, but after an upgrade I had to manually copy the file mime.types from /usr/local/share/apacheNN to /usrlocal/etc/apacheNN. I don't remember exactly the source path, surely it were in /usr/local/share.

What happened is apache did not start after upgrade because that file (loaded in httpd.conf) wasn't found. I searched for that file in all /usr/local tree and found in shared directory. I thought I was made a mistake somewhere upgrading the port. What I remember it was in virtual machine, the apache22 server on the real machine always upgraded with zero problems. Anyhow, I don't care much of manouvers I make in virtual machines, probably was my mistake.

Thank you both!

Freethread was right. The file mime.types existed, but it was empty.
This solved the problem:
Code:
# cp /usr/local/share/examples/apache22/mime.types /usr/local/etc/apache22/

I have apache22-2.2.27 and apr-1.5.0.1.5.3
I did not know that apr and apr1 was the same thing.

Back