Software Update

I'm running 9.0 STABLE PPC and have issued
portsnap fetch
portsnap extract
portsnap update

When logged in as root in my Gnome 2 environment when attempting to "Software Update" it shows 353 updates available. When I try to "apply", it gathers information for a while then comes up with this error:

Code:
An internal system error has occurred

A problem that we were not expecting has occurred. Please report this bug in your
 distribution bugtracker with the error description. More Details.

The backend exited unexpectedly. This is a serious error as the spawned backend did not complete the
 pending transaction.

command 'update-packages' is not known

So what is the fix?

Thanks,

Samuel.

macunkie said:
I'm running 9.0 STABLE PPC and have issued
portsnap fetch
portsnap extract
portsnap update
You only need to use either extract or update. Not both. Extract will extract the entire ports tree, update will update an existing ports tree.

When logged in as root in my Gnome 2 environment when attempting to "Software Update" it shows 353 updates available. When I try to "apply", it gathers information for a while then comes up with this error:

Code:
An internal system error has occurred

A problem that we were not expecting has occurred. Please report this bug in your
 distribution bugtracker with the error description. More Details.

The backend exited unexpectedly. This is a serious error as the spawned backend did not complete the pending transaction.

command 'update-packages' is not known

So what is the fix?
Don't use that tool, I don't think it works properly.

[thread=26140]HOWTO: keeping FreeBSD's base system and packages up-to-date[/thread]

Still Trying to understand the 9.0 Stable Update options on a powerpc option

Sir Dice was nice to offer the guide http://forums.FreeBSD.org/showthread.php?p=182681#post182681

There is so much material and trying to understand cvcup etc.... not sure what I need for 9.0 stable version ? All pkg_add -r options have never worked with me because the default url built into the ftp system is just wrong.

Anybody using a powerpc platform that can help me update the "348" updates available for my system ?

Thanks again,

Samuel.

Back