SMC USB wlan trouble

Yeah I'll do that.

I'm also configuring another box that has an Atheros WLAN device (ath9k). It'd be nice to have some help with that one too. I also think it would be easier since Atheros Devices are well known for working in FreeBSD, maybe another thread when I get this configuration out of the way.

Okay I don't have the ability to copy and paste but I hope what I wrote down is enough.
Code:
iManufacturer = 0x0010 <SMC>
idVendor = 0x085a
idProduct = 0x4810
iProduct = 0x000 <USB 2.0 WLAN>

One quick question about my Atheros box I hope you don't mind.

Assuming that everything has been successfully configured, how long does it take for it to scan for networks? After I issue this command.
Code:
#ifconfig wlan0 up scan
Just wondering so I can know when to start assuming that it didn't work.

baronobeefdip said:
Okay I don't have the ability to copy and paste but I hope what i wrote down is enough.
Code:
iManufacturer = 0x0010 <SMC>
idVendor = 0x085a
idProduct = 0x4810
iProduct = 0x000 <USB 2.0 WLAN>

Those IDs are not currently recognized by the zyd(4) driver. The vendor ID is already present as "PORTGEAR" in usbdevs, and the product ID just isn't there. Patching in the right IDs in the driver should not be too hard, it's adding them correctly to usbdevs that I don't see. Please enter a PR. Include the information above and the model number (SMCWUSB-G) of the adapter.

baronobeefdip said:
One quick question about my Atheros box i hope you don't mind.

Assuming that everything has been successfully configured, how long does it take for it to scan for networks? After I issue this command.
Code:
#ifconfig wlan0 up scan
Just wondering so i can know when to start assuming that it didn't work

After correct configuration, a scan only takes a few seconds, but please start a new thread for different hardware.

Back