Solved Skyrim character in-game voice issues

So i have problem with character voices in-game. With clean Skyrim installation sound works except NPC voices. When i run:
setenv WINEPREFIX /home/user/.prefix/skyrim; winetricks xact
I can hear voices but all of the sound in game stutters heavily. Does anybody have similar issues? If so, how can i fix this crap?

Thank you in advance, ayleid.

I do have chosen faudio instead of xact in winetricks and have now stuttering, crackling sound as well.

The workaround for that problem is to set the win version to windows xp for that game only.

WINEPREFIX=/home/user/.prefix/skyrim wine reg.exe ADD "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Wine\AppDefaults\TESV.exe" /v "Version" /t "REG_SZ" /d "winxp" /f

I do have chosen faudio instead of xact in winetricks and have now stuttering, crackling sound as well.

The workaround for that problem is to set the win version to windows xp for that game only.

WINEPREFIX=/home/user/.prefix/skyrim wine reg.exe ADD "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Wine\AppDefaults\TESV.exe" /v "Version" /t "REG_SZ" /d "winxp" /f
Thank you so much! That worked.

Hello,

a small addition, faudio dont need to be installed because its already included in wine by default.

Its only needed to set the library xaudio2_6 to native,builtin and set win version to winxp.

wine reg.exe ADD "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Wine\AppDefaults\TESV.exe" /v "Version" /t "REG_SZ" /d "winxp" /f

wine reg.exe ADD "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Wine\AppDefaults\TESV.exe\DllOverrides" /v "xaudio2_6" /t "REG_SZ" /d "native,builtin" /f

Back