• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Shorter post delay times for longer active members...

ShelLuser

Son of Beastie

Best answers: 5

Hi gang,

When I go over these forums I heavily utilize the tab feature of my browser. So I check new posts, go over topics which look interesting to me then open 'm up in new tabs. Sometimes I dig deeper but these days that's all due to time restraints.

Anyway, when I start answering I'm often kind of quick, also because I'm a decently fast typist. Yet then I'm almost every time confronted with "please wait 20 sec before posting" and that is seriously demotivating at times. I don't spam, I don't even try to, I'm trying to help out others.

Therefor my suggestion: give people with a certain reputation (high(er) post amount, longer time(s) active, etc.) a slight decrease in the spam protection scheme. You don't even have to make this public, just make it happen and base yourself on some factual stats.

Thing is: I've had this happen to me quite a few times and it gets annoying, and I can't imagine that I'm alone with this. It even makes me skip posts because my bedtime is more important than your delay time ;)

Food for thought? Give us old geezers a break already :p

DutchDaemon

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Developer

Best answers: 2

I installed an automatic promotion that puts Registered and Valid users with 100+ posts and 30+ days of membership in a secondary Powered group, which bypasses the standard flood and spam checks.

As far as I can tell, that promotion was automatically applied to a couple of hundred members, and includes you (yes, and you, robroy).

The FreeBSD Foundation welcomes your donations.

Note: the promotion may change based on relevant factors in the future.

ShelLuser

Son of Beastie

Best answers: 5

Now I feel like an old ungrateful grumpy ;)

Thanks for the feedback Dutch, appreciate it. And of course also a thank you for the actions you already took a while ago.