Solved Setting up installerconfig

I wanted to set up an installerconfig script to avoid the tedium of entering information. I have a tendency to shuffle systems around and it's nice to be able to do a quick load when I want to. I was having some trouble with it, but turns out I was over-thinking it. Setting up an installerconfig script turns out to be quite simple. With Debian I have to jump through lots of hoops to automate an install and it's complicated. So now I have a script that works well. It loads a base system hands free in like two minutes.

The one thing I can't figure out how to do is preserve a partition. Don't know it it's even possible. Does anyone know how I can preserve my last partition (ada0p4) while using the installerconfig script? Below is the partitions line I'm using;

Code:
PARTITIONS='ada0 GPT { 512K freebsd-boot, 80G freebsd-ufs /, 4G freebsd-swap, auto freebsd-ufs /archive }'

Not getting any answers on this so I'd just as soon delete it, but I did figure how to deal with it. I'll post on that in case someone has the same question.

Turns out the installer works in a simple way so it's easy to write an installation script (another one of the beauties I'm finding with FreeBSD). It's just easier than messing with the installer. That way I can easily preserve any partition I like. I'm using the guide here; https://forums.freebsd.org/threads/63201/

Back