Set of Release iso?

what does each release iso mean?
i've download
7.2-RELEASE-i386-bootonly.iso . It is enough to install freebsd?
i got problem when installation.
then what's
Code:
7.2-RELEASE-I386-disc1.iso
7.2-RELEASE-I386-disc2.iso
7.2-RELEASE-I386-disc3.iso
7.2-RELEASE-I386-docs.iso
7.2-RELEASE-I386-livefs.iso

plz guide me which needs to download to complete installation.

7.2-RELEASE-I386-disc1.iso is used to install the system, if you want all the packages, you also need disk2 and disk3, but disk1 contains all needed stuff to install base system.

And livefs is what it looks like: a FreeBSD live CD. It replaced "fixit" from the older releases and is mainly used for emergencies.

Note: if you use packages and don't use GNOME or KDE, just get disc1 and install any missing package using "pkg_add -r".

You're probably better off not using any of the packages on the CD anyway. 7.2-RELEASE was released some time ago and the packages on the CD/DVD are somewhat outdated.

Just install the base OS and once that's running set PACKAGESITE to a mirror close by and use pkg_add -r to install GNOME/KDE/Whatever.

thx

SirDice said:
You're probably better off not using any of the packages on the CD anyway. 7.2-RELEASE was released some time ago and the packages on the CD/DVD are somewhat outdated.

Just install the base OS and once that's running set PACKAGESITE to a mirror close by and use pkg_add -r to install GNOME/KDE/Whatever.

i'm using wifi 8kb/sec :e ...
i'm going to get Dis1 form net cafe`
:e

Back