Sendmail/SpamAssassin/Procmail/Roundcube

Please look at the post prior to this one, then look at this one please; Thanks!
I found the emails marked as spam, I had to go into the roundcube settings and well just look its odd....
I had to select each msg.XXXX to be able to view the messages, and only one message exists in each folder????

Folders.jpg

Roundcube.jpg

Anyone Know how to fix this????

its kinda retarted..... To check if I have spam I have to go to my folders, and see if there's a new folder in my Junk folder..... and then select it and go back to my email and check the folder for 1 email....... This can't be the only way to set it up? right now I have 7 spam emails, so I have 7 folders listed under my Junk Folder.... each with 1 email in it.....

I think you may have created 'Junk' as a directory, which procmail will write into. If 'Junk' doesn't exist when procmail first writes to it, it should create a mailbox, and add new mails to it.

Ok, yes I did create the dir 'Junk' so I should delete it and let procmail create the directory?

Also, I was reading through the 2 links you gave me and checking out some of the examples, and not all of them use the extra ':' to lock the file, what exactly is that doing, I thought that maybe that extra ':' was making it lock the file and thats why it was in a folder by it self...

If you tell procmail to write to 'Junk' and it doesn't exist, procmail will create a mailbox file called 'Junk'. So remove that Junk directory and let procmail create the mailbox.

The extra ':' is for writing to mailboxes. You typically don't need it when writing the mail to a pipe or when you're sending the mail on to a different address (forward). The general rule is: when you drop the mail in a local mailbox, add the lock, or two mails may coincide and produce a garbled mess.

Ok, is there anyway to make my ( /usr/home/lego/.procmailrc ) the standard file, for everyone/mailbox.. like for my 2 friends that have made email address for mel@blurr-ink.com and jay@blurr-ink.com, and anyone else i create an email address for?? like when I create a user, have it automatically create the .procmailrc file from my template in there home directory??? because at the moment they don't have the .procmailrc file... well i haven't created one for them....

IT WORKED!!! Thanks a ton, as soon as I deleted the folder, and some spam came in it created the folder and placed the messages in it!! Hurry! Thanks again!

Lego said:
Ok, is there anyway to make my ( /usr/home/lego/.procmailrc ) the standard file, for everyone/mailbox..

The /usr/local/etc/procmailrc file can be used for global settings. However, remember to change the variables within the file since the paths to the mailboxes all vary. See the -a flag for procmail.

Back