Xfce Screen split into half

I have FreeBSD 11 RC2 on my Lenovo T430 installed
My problem is sometimes when I have fresh boot up I got my windows have split into half.
I am using slim-themes and using xfce desktop. When this occurred I can not change my windows resolution, i am stick with 1900 x 960.
So desktop split into half, to move to the left side i must drag my mouse to the right and it wiil show into the left so it looks like 360 degrees screen

My only solution is to keep soft reboot and eventually my windows display properly.

I have this configured:
Code:
powerd_enable="YES"
# Set dumpdev to "AUTO" to enable crash dumps, "NO" to disable
dumpdev="AUTO"
zfs_enable="YES"
dbus_enable="YES"
slim_enable="YES"
hald_enable="YES"

Can someone tell me what is going on?

Thanks

image.jpg

Can you post the outputs of xrandr (without any arguments), when the screens looks as it should and when there is a problem?
jrm, thanks for your help bro, i decided to reinstall freebsd and add slim and kdm mate and i am fine everytime i boot up.

what did xrandr do when my laptop boot up and ok without me doing anythinh except rebooting. Freebsd is still greek to m but i like it .

Well, since you know about freebsd i would like you to ask you one more thing about wifi.
During installation I choose wireless card and manually i enter the i
address and it added to rc.conf like this ifconfig_wlan0="WPA inet 192.168.10.111 netmask 255.255.255.0"

so if i go to my frennd house and it has wifi how do,i tell freebsd to scan the router and also enter the password. on my xwimdows i dont have wireless gui scanner
i see on doc to add text file but i am confused .

can you help

Unless you have a good reason, use DHCP. You can do this by replacing the line above with this line.
Code:
ifconfig_wlan0="WPA SYNCDHCP"

When you go to your friend's house, you can add an entry in /etc/wpa_supplicant.conf.
Code:
network={
        ssid="Friends_Wireless_SSID"
        psk="password"
}
Alternatively, you could install something like net-mgmt/wifimgr to do this with a GUI interface.

Unless you have a good reason, use DHCP. You can do this by replacing the line above with this line.
Code:
ifconfig_wlan0="WPA SYNCDHCP"

When you go to your friend's house, you can add an entry in /etc/wpa_supplicant.conf.
Code:
network={
        ssid="Friends_Wireless_SSID"
        psk="password"
}
Alternatively, you could install something like net-mgmt/wifimgr to do this with a GUI interface.
thank you

You can use ifconfig wlan0 list scan [1]. This is described in section 30.3 of the handbook. For details see ifconfig(8).

P.S. It's best to ask questions related to one topic per thread. Later when people search the forums by thread subject, it will be easier for them to find what they are looking for.

[1] I can't recall for certain, but this may break your current wireless connection.

You can use ifconfig wlan0 list scan [1]. This is described in section 30.3 of the handbook. For details see ifconfig(8).

P.S. It's best to ask questions related to one topic per thread. Later when people search the forums by thread subject, it will be easier for them to find what they are looking for.

[1] I can't recall for certain, but this may break your current wireless connection.
Sorry I wouldnt do it again
but i learned something from from you about wifimgr , i know how to tshoot from command line and gui line thank.

i also discovered slim-themes and slim was the cause my split screen. i installed slim-theme on my mate desktop and i got split screen then wheni remove it disappeared

thank you so much for your help

Back