Solved Rxvt/Xterm (SHIFT)a issue

FreeBSD amd64 10.3 using latest ports via pkg().

If press (shift)a (to get A) while executing cat in x11/rxvt, I receive this text:
Code:
load: 0.45  cmd: cat 69657 [ttyin] 2.14r 0.00u 0.00s 0% 1928k
So far this happens while in su and cat.

But via x11/xterm, all seems to work as expected.

I also commented out all entries in ~/.Xdefaults and that did not solve the issue.

Any ideas on how to correct ?

John

edit: stranger still, the above issue happens in x11/fvwm2. But via x11/fluxbox, if x11/rxvt is started via menus, works fine, if started via misc/asbutton issue occurs

If press (shift)a (to get A) while executing cat in x11/rxvt, I receive this text:
Code:
load: 0.45  cmd: cat 69657 [ttyin] 2.14r 0.00u 0.00s 0% 1928k
Strange, this output is what you normally get with CTRL-T, does pressing CTRL-T produce an "A" perhaps?

Strange, this output is what you normally get with CTRL-T, does pressing CTRL-T produce an "A" perhaps?

I knew there was a key that produced that, but forgot what it was :). Anyway, when I press CTRL-T I receive ^T while in cat. Today I am planning on compiling x11/rxvt from ports and see if it is a specific option. This is where I stand:

1. If x11/rxvt launched using x11-wm/fluxbox menus, works fine.

2. If x11/rxvt launched using misc/asbutton from x11-wm/fluxbox: I pressing SHIFT-A produces CTRL-T output and CTRL-T prints ^T

3. Issue also occurs no matter how launched 'directly' from x11-wm/fvwm2 and x11-wm/twm.

4. While in x11-wm/twm, if I execute x11/rxvt from x11/xterm, x11/rxvt keys SHIFT-a/CTRL-T works as expected.

edit: fixed wm links

I spent quite a while on trying to figure out how to correct the issue. I installed many other terms and they all worked as expected, even x11/rxvt-unicode. I also tried different combination of compile options with x11/rxvt but to no avail. So I ended up moving to another terminal.

I will mark this solved since my specific issue is corrected by a work-around. If I had to guess, there is something about launching x11/rxvt from x11-wm/fvwm2 as opposed to x11-wm/fluxbox that cause the issue.

Back