IPFW rule to filter ICMPv6 packet types on a bridged interface

My ISP (Hetzner) recently contacted me to say that the MAC address of a bridged interface was showing up on the main Ethernet interface of a server I have with them, which triggers their monitoring system. So they want me to stop packets with a source MAC of my bridge appearing on the main interface.

If I run tcpdump -i em0 -en -v | egrep -i 'MAC:OF:MY:BRIDGE:IF', I can see packets of the following form get logged:

Code:
21:49:17.904141 MAC:OF:MY:BRIDGE:IF > DST:MAC:ADDR, ethertype IPv6 (0x86dd), length 86: (hlim 255, next-header ICMPv6 (58) payload length: 32) fe80::d:77ff:fef7:4600 > ff02::1:ff4e:4908: [icmp6 sum ok] ICMP6, neighbor solicitation, length 32, who has IPv6:addr:in:my:prefix

I'd like to filter out those packets from ever leaving the bridge interface and showing up on the main Ethernet interface, but I can't seem to figure out an ipfw rule to do that.

I've tried deny log ipv6-icmp from any to any out xmit bridge0 icmp6types 135 which I think should catch ICMPv6 neighbor solicitation packets leaving bridge0 but it doesn't seem to trigger.

I don't have any router solicition daemon running on the host. I'm running out of ideas I can come up with myself now! All help very gratefully received, especially since Hetzner consider this something they can terminate service for, despite the packets showing up very infrequently.

Why do you have the interface bridged in the first place?

Back