Resources for jails(8)

Hi there,

I will be doing a short presentation on jails(8) to our local open-source group here in Wellington, and I wonder whether our community could let me know some resources that would make my presentation more delightful for audience (please no google first page hits, or handbook references, which I already have).

As is the case with most of the open-source groups, our local group is dominated by people using GNU/Linux, hence I appreciate if you could share your experience with other operating-system level virtualization solutions available on GNU/Linux system (such as Docker, LXC, etc. - comments from people who actually have used these software please).

Audience is mainly technical people (software developers, system admins etc.) but we also have non-technical people in the group.

Thanks in advance

While this talk is more focused on Solaris Zones and how they were based on the ideas and definition of Jails, it also contains a lot of interesting history on OS- and hardware-level virtualization and also some comparison of jails/zones and the (inferior) containerization-solutions on Linux:
https://paperswelove.org/2016/video/bryan-cantrill-jails-and-solaris-zones/

And of course, talks from Bryan Cantrill are always entertaining, regardless of the topic ;)

Back