UFS Rescuing a 128GB USB stick

Is there any of attempting to rescue a 128GB USB memory stick when I see msgs like these:-
newfs /dev/da1p2
/dev/da1p2: 117560.0MB (240762880 sectors) block size 32768, fragment size 4096
using 188 cylinder groups of 626.22MB, 20039 blks, 80256 inodes.
super-block backups (for fsck_ffs -b #) at:
newfs: wtfs: 131072 bytes at sector 192: Input/output error

Try using the dd command with error correction option to copy your USB content to another usb of same size or larger.
Do google search on dd command with i/o error correction for cmd details.

What do you mean by "rescue", if you're doing newfs(8)? You want to salvage data (unlikely?) or you're asking is it worth to use a storage device with known bad sectors, or something else?

There are fake USB flash drives advertising much larger size than the flash chips capacity. Yes, you can write the bytes, but you cannot read them back. Maybe worth to use some tool to test the flash drive.

I didn't think there was any chance of retrieving any data, and had run newfs(8) to try and clear down the disk but to no avail. I was very surprised that it became unusable so quickly after very little usage. It's a Lexar stick, but I see they are no longer available in such a capacity. I will try the test tool you mention and will be very wary of getting anything with such a large capacity in future.

Back