Request for porting traverso - very impressive audio editor

Okay.
Code:
===>  Found saved configuration for traverso-0.49.2
===>   traverso-0.49.2 depends on file: /usr/local/sbin/pkg - found
===> Fetching all distfiles required by traverso-0.49.2 for building
===>  Extracting for traverso-0.49.2
=> SHA256 Checksum OK for traverso-0.49.2.tar.gz.
===>  Patching for traverso-0.49.2
===>  Applying FreeBSD patches for traverso-0.49.2
1 out of 2 hunks failed--saving rejects to ./src/core/Sheet.cpp.rej
=> Patch patch-src__core__Sheet.cpp failed to apply cleanly.
=> Patch(es) patch-src__3rdparty__slv2__src__plugin.c applied cleanly.
*** [do-patch] Error code 1

Stop in /home/traverso.
*** [build] Error code 1

Stop in /home/traverso.

After editing for spelling.
Code:
--- ./src/engine/AudioDeviceThread.cpp.orig	2009-03-28 13:18:39.000000000 +0430
+++ ./src/engine/AudioDeviceThread.cpp	2013-09-30 10:32:19.000000000 +0330
@@ -34,6 +34,8 @@
 #include <sys/time.h>
 #include <unistd.h>
 #include <signal.h>
+#include <sys/param.h>
+#include <sys/cpuset.h>

// Always put me below _all_ includes, this is needed
 // in case we run with memory leak detection enabled!
@@ -148,7 +150,7 @@

#if defined (Q_WS_11)
-typedef int* (*setaffinity_func_type)(pid_t,unsigned int,cpu_set_t *);
+typedef int* (*setaffinity_func_type)(pid_t,unsigned int,cpuset_t *);
 #endif

void AudioDeviceThread::run_on_cpu( int cpu )
@@ -157,10 +159,10 @@
 	void *setaffinity_handle = dlopen(NULL, RTLD_LAZY);// NULL might not be portable to platforms other than linu - tajmorton@gmail.com

setaffinity_func_type setaffinity_func;
-	setaffinity_func = (setaffinity_func_type) dlsym(setaffinity_handle, "sched_setaffinity");
+	setaffinity_func = (setaffinity_func_type) dlsym(setaffinity_handle, "cpuset_setaffinity");

if (setaffinity_func != NULL) {
-		cpu_set_t mask;
+		cpuset_t mask;
 		CPU_ZERO(&mask);
 		CPU_SET(cpu, &mask);
 		if (setaffinity_func(0, sizeof(mask), &mask)) {
This is the patch.

Code:
*** 148,154 ****

#if defined (Q_WS_11)
- typedef int* (*setaffinity_func_type)(pid_t,unsigned int,cpu_set_t *);
  #endif

--- 150,156 ----

#if defined (Q_WS_11)
+ typedef int* (*setaffinity_func_type)(pid_t,unsigned int,cpuset_t *);
  #endif

This is the patch reject.

October 6, 2013 02:23 EST: http://slexy.org/view/s2Bl9PCAhU

The build is clang based with # make -k ran to prevent stopping on errors.
It seems that these errors are common with clang and traverso. It had stopped on a
Code:
 void *[]
earlier at Tsar.h.

Hi, first, delete the original patch from files/patch-src__engine__AudioDeviceThread.cpp (in the port directory). Then, make a copy of ./src/engine/AudioDeviceThread.cpp with .orig extension. Then edit the original file (./src/engine/AudioDeviceThread.cpp) and apply the changes (don't touch the file with .orig extension), then run make makepatch, the patch will be generated and stored into files/ directory.

It seems that these errors are common with clang and traverso.

Yes, I confirm that, I don't know why but traverso only builds fine with GCC. I got similar error messages with clang. One important question, are you able to build traverso with GCC on 10-CURRENT?

The exact same problem can be seen in the Debian mailing lists for traverso building with CLang . If you look on the ports mailing list, the statement is that this is currently an i386 only problem- some of the error messages, that is.
The files are all patched. I'll do a remake of it in a few and post any messages.

The Makefile edited.
Code:
# $FreeBSD$

PORTNAME=	traverso
PORTVERSION=	0.49.2
CATEGORIES=	audio
MASTER_SITES=	SF/traversodaw.mirror/

LIB_DEPENDS=	slv2:${PORTSDIR}/audio/slv2 \
		wavpack:${PORTSDIR}/audio/wavpack \
		vorbis:${PORTSDIR}/audio/libvorbis \
		raptor2:${PORTSDIR}/textproc/raptor2 \
		rasqal:${PORTSDIR}/textproc/rasqal \
		curl:${PORTSDIR}/ftp/curl \
		FLAC:${PORTSDIR}/audio/flac \
		fftw3:${PORTSDIR}/math/fftw3 \
		mad:${PORTSDIR}/audio/libmad \
		samplerate:${PORTSDIR}/audio \
		icudata:${PORTSDIR}/devel/icu \
		yajl:${PORTSDIR}/devel/yajl \
		sndfile:${PORTSDIR}/audio/libsndfile \
		ogg:${PORTSDIR}/audio/libogg \
		rdf:${PORTSDIR}/textproc/redland \
		SM:${PORTSDIR}/x11/libSM \
		ICE:${PORTSDIR}/x11/libICE

USE_GCC=        any
OPTIONS_DEFINE=	ALSA JACK PORTAUDIO PULSEAUDIO

.include <bsd.port.options.mk>

.if ${PORT_OPTIONS:MALSA}
LIB_DEPENDS+=	asound:${PORTSDIR}/audio/alsa-lib
.else
CMAKE_ARGS+=	-DWANT_ALSA=OFF
.endif

.if ${PORT_OPTIONS:MJACK}
LIB_DEPENDS+=	jack:${PORTSDIR}/audio/jack
.else
CMAKE_ARGS+=	-DWANT_JACK=OFF
.endif

.if ${PORT_OPTIONS:MPORTAUDIO}
BUILD_DEPENDS+= portaudio:${PORTSDIR}/audio/portaudio2
RUN_DEPENDS+=   portaudio:${PORTSDIR}/audio/portaudio2
CMAKE_ARGS+=    -DWANT_PORTAUDIO=ON
.else
CMAKE_ARGS+=	-DWANT_PORTAUDIO=OFF
.endif

.if ${PORT_OPTIONS:MPULSEAUDIO}
LIB_DEPENDS+=   pulse:${PORTSDIR}/audio/pulseaudio
CMAKE_ARGS+=	-DWANT_PULSEAUDIO=ON
.else
CMAKE_ARGS+=	-DWANT_PULSEAUDIO=OFF
.endif

CFLAGS+=	-I${LOCALBASE}/include

MAKE_JOBS_UNSAFE=	yes
CMAKE_ARGS+=	-DDETECT_HOST_CPU_FEATURES=OFF -DWANT_THREAD_CHECK=ON \
                -DCMAKE_C_COMPILER=clang -DCMAKE_CXX_COMPILER=clang++

USES= cmake
#USE_GCC=    
USE_QT=	gui corelib ml uic_build rcc_build

.include <bsd.port.mk>

The error message when using GCC: http://slexy.org/view/s2HcFAxbR6

This without the -k option.

# make -k http://slexy.org/view/s2AAtDPZF3

sossego said:
The downloaded file ends up with a set of X's on the left hand margin and a number value of ^M - yes, but it only shows on vi - on the right hand margin. vi doesn't seem to have a "Mark all and delete that sucker" option. I've moved to $WORK_DIRECTORY/traverso-0.49.2/CMakeFiles/2.10.8.2 and began editing the compiler to use CLang in place of gcc. I'm waiting for the reply to see if a version number is really necessary for building.

I may be misunderstanding what you're saying about the X's and ^m, but if I remember correctly, running dos2unix should fix that for you.

Adding:

Code:
USE_DOS2UNIX=	yes

But I may be misunderstanding what you meant.

The shell archive - when being copied - will have a set of X's down the left hand side. The page the shell archive has line numbers when viewed in raw format. The line numbers are rendered as "M^" by vi/nvi at the end of every line entry.

Currently: Problems with CURRENT, ports, and trying to explain myself clearly.

No, please don't do that. There is a FindRaptor script in textproc/soprano (actually soprano-2.9.4/cmake/modules/FindRaptor.cmake). Please use that instead. (Unfortunately I don't know how it should be used with CMake, but I'm sure that it is the correct and conventional way.)

Thanks, I had forgotten about that. Let me reinstall redland, download soprano through ports, and then send you the tar.gz for the svn repository. For some reason, the binary files are not being built with clang.

Building KDE4. Also, I'm thinking about editing findraptor.h to look for raptor2.h. It was mentioned to me that raptor2 had not yet been updated and won't until the next version. What is the purpose of having raptor.h in $PREFIX/raptor2 when the installed version is raptor2?

All that I did was change raptor.h value to raptor2.h in both the system and the traverso build environment.If anything else calls upon that header, I can edit it the same way. There was also a problem with rasqal - The spelling may be in error - and it also had to be edited. I'm rebuilding my system at the moment.

Forgive the intrusion; but, I am looking for a simple reference which states:
"If you use command line X-to-xy, then the directory will be uploaded to the public svn directory." The commit, diff, and other commands for individual files are useless until I have the entire directory uploaded.

I am new to using svn as a way of uploading items to the project page. @bkouhi is helping with this project. Note that I have not yet edited the files to include the sha256 sum nor the exact file size. A few qt4 plugins will need to be imported; these will be worked on soon.
You are welcome to ask questions at the project page and make suggestions there. Remember that this is not an official port.

Last edited by a moderator:
Project area for making downloading easier.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/traversofreebsdport/

The tar.gz, Makefile, and sha256sum are located here. This should make downloading easier.
Thanks muchly.
I will need to edit the Makefile soon. You are welcome to comment here. No official page currently exist for the project - i.e discussion, news, et cetera et al. A wiki does exist. The distinfo, pkg-descr, and pkg-plist are not included because they need to be edited. @bkouhi is still the other project administrator. Anyone else wanting to help is encouraged to join or to add.

Other news:
Since this is part of http://forums.freebsd.org/showthread.php?t=39735 and will be added as soon as possible.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Makefile has been updated to include the new version. I have not as-of-yet had the shasum or file size recalculated.

Read the wiki.

Hmmm. Does anybody know how to deal with "make install/strip" with cmake?

I am working on this. There has been a signal 11 SIGSEGV immediately after configuration. Whether it is /usr/local/include/vorbis/vorbisfile.h or /usr/local/include/taglib/vorbisfile.h, I don't know. The taglib option has not been tested.

Re: Request for porting traverso - very impressive audio edi

I've come up against a few C preprocessor errors of invalid, weird, and almost illegal instructions due to the position and use of Q(t)String protocols being used where absolute values are needed.
  • Progress
I am still working on this.
Wow. Damn. How did this ever build?

Moderators/Administrators:: I see the List and List= options yet there exists no secondary function such as bullets, numerals, alphabets, or et al.

Back