Report on FreeBSD 14.0 Compatibility with Beelink Ser5 AMD Ryzen 5 5560U Mini PC

Hi, I just had an opportunity to install FreeBSD 14.0 on my new Mini PC. I decided to share results with the community.

Specs:
Mini PC Beelink SER5 5560U, integrated Radeon GPU (Cezanne Radeon Vega).
Ram 16 GB
SSD 512 GB.

IMG_6581.jpg

Screenshot from 2024-05-16 12-19-49.jpg

Works:
The system works well, GPU drivers installed by using SCFB driver, or I deleted 20-vesa.conf and 20-scfb.conf at the end, I don't remember… But I added in rc.conf "kld_list="/boot/modules/amdgpu. ko"

Audio works (I'm using headphones with 3.5 jack connected to monitor) and sound goes through HDMI.
1080p, 144 hz monitor works as well.

What doesn't work well:
Wi-Fi connected, but speed is about 10-15 mbps. I hope Cheng Cui’s will fix it soon! :)
Ethernet network works well, full speed.

What doesn't work at all:
Bluetooth. I think I tried everything, including dongles.

Probe can be seen here.
Thanks

Thanks, I'm a mini-pc fan boy. I have a very similar one than yours and run FreeBSD on it.

How much noise does it makes? Can you hear it at all doing web surfing or office work?

Hi, I just had an opportunity to install FreeBSD 14.0 on my new Mini PC. I decided to share results with the community.

Specs:
Mini PC Beelink SER5 5560U, integrated Radeon GPU (Cezanne Radeon Vega).
Ram 16 GB
SSD 512 GB.

View attachment 19084
View attachment 19085

Works:
The system works well, GPU drivers installed by using SCFB driver, or I deleted 20-vesa.conf and 20-scfb.conf at the end, I don't remember… But I added in rc.conf "kld_list="/boot/modules/amdgpu. ko"

Audio works (I'm using headphones with 3.5 jack connected to monitor) and sound goes through HDMI.
1080p, 144 hz monitor works as well.

What doesn't work well:
Wi-Fi connected, but speed is about 10-15 mbps. I hope Cheng Cui’s will fix it soon! :)
Ethernet network works well, full speed.

What doesn't work at all:
Bluetooth. I think I tried everything, including dongles.

Probe can be seen here.
Thanks
Thanks for those details. I'm very interest in spinning up one of these as I'm a bit of a mini-PC/NUC fan for homelabs. I don't care much about the graphics side of things but the network side is important and I've always heard/read that the Realtek NIC performs pretty poorly on FBSD. Now that you've had it running for a little while, are you still happy with the ethernet side of things?

Back