Solved Remove ZFS mount points from pool

I have a simple zfs pool called NAS. It was once used in FreeNAS but I moved the hard drives over to a simpler FreeBSD 10.2 setup. The zpool had two jails on it from FreeNAS that are no longer used. Everything works great but I noticed anytime I do a mount command I can see mount points on the NAS for the jails. Below...

Code:
root@nas:~ # zpool status
  pool: NAS
 state: ONLINE
  scan: scrub repaired 0 in 0h55m with 0 errors on Sun Jan 10 00:55:21 2016
config:

NAME                                            STATE     READ WRITE CKSUM
        NAS                                             ONLINE       0     0     0
          mirror-0                                      ONLINE       0     0     0
            gptid/015b8c6b-5582-11e5-bb5e-00248194ce35  ONLINE       0     0     0
            gptid/0234aed5-5582-11e5-bb5e-00248194ce35  ONLINE       0     0     0

errors: No known data errors

Code:
root@nas:~ # mount
/dev/da0p2 on / (ufs, local, journaled soft-updates)
devfs on /dev (devfs, local, multilabel)
NAS on /mnt/NAS (zfs, NFS exported, local, nfsv4acls)
NAS/TimeMac on /mnt/NAS/TimeMac (zfs, local, nfsv4acls)
NAS/jails on /mnt/NAS/jails (zfs, local, nfsv4acls)
NAS/jails/.warden-template-pluginjail on /mnt/NAS/jails/.warden-template-pluginjail (zfs, local, nfsv4acls)
NAS/jails/plexmediaserver_1 on /mnt/NAS/jails/plexmediaserver_1 (zfs, local, nfsv4acls)
NAS/jails_2 on /mnt/NAS/jails_2 (zfs, local, nfsv4acls)
NAS/jails_2/.warden-template-pluginjail on /mnt/NAS/jails_2/.warden-template-pluginjail (zfs, local, nfsv4acls)
NAS/jails_2/plexmediaserver_1 on /mnt/NAS/jails_2/plexmediaserver_1 (zfs, local, nfsv4acls)

How can I remove these mount points? Any ideas?

Please read the man page next time, rather than following random info posted to the Internet. Especially for something so rudimentary.

Sometimes the man pages are confusing as I found the man for ZFS to be when using the correct syntax to initiate the commands. That article was a bit more clear with examples and might help someone else.

Note that the commands do not remove the mountpoints, they remove an entire dataset.

Removing a mountpoint:
zfs set mountpoint=none zroot/my/dataset

Removing an entire dataset:
zfs destroy zroot/my/dataset

The difference can be quite important!

Thanks for clearing that up. I don't work with ZFS enough and even reading about it can be confusing. Tanks, pools, datasets, etc. All the commands and switches. I am just a hobbyist so thanks for the info!

Back