Solved Remove help message when logging in via SSH

Hello,
I would like to remove the message that appears whenever I start an SSH connection or login to my FreeBSD server.
These messages were useful at the beginning, but after having read them all, at each login, they were repetitive lol...

Captura de Tela 2020-05-17 às 01.05.52.png

You can use the command touch ~/.hushlogin to create the .hushlogin in your home directory, or you can use :hushlogin: in your ~/.login_conf. Either of those will silence the "message(s) of the day", or motd(5).

You can use the command touch ~/.hushlogin to create the .hushlogin in your home directory, or you can use :hushlogin: in your ~/.login_conf. Either of those will silence the "message(s) of the day", or motd(5).

Create the ~/.hushlogin file, but you will continue to receive the message of the day...

Am I doing something wrong?... (did not restart the server)

Create the ~/.hushlogin file, but you will continue to receive the message of the day...

Am I doing something wrong?... (did not restart the server)
Sorry for misleading you. You did nothing wrong.

That's the output of fortune(1). If you're using (t)csh, you'll want to comment the line in ~/.login that invokes /usr/bin/fortune to disable it. For sh, you'll want ~/.profile instead. Just add a # character at the beginning of the line, and it should stop printing those messages.

Sorry for misleading you. You did nothing wrong.

That's the output of fortune(1). If you're using (t)csh, you'll want to comment the line in ~/.login that invokes /usr/bin/fortune to disable it. For sh, you'll want ~/.profile instead. Just add a # character at the beginning of the line, and it should stop printing those messages.

Thank you very much for your attention and kindness!

I did it as you mentioned and it worked... Happy to have a clean terminal on FreeBSD. tks ;)

Back