Release schedule updates

OS Release schedule updates

I realize that you guys probably are swamped up to your necks with stuff to do but it would be very nice if the release schedules were updated a bit more frequently.

For 7.1 the last actual date was 22/9 and since about a month back it says TBD when it was handed over to the security team. No news since then.

Is there another way to find release updates that I've missed?

- A

I don't mind the release pace but I'd like to have a bit more information about the progress, that's all.

killasmurf86 said:
It's good the way it is!
We (I) don't want FBSD to be like Linux, releasing new kernel updates ever 3 days

He's talking about the release of 7.1, not the kernel. Schedule is way out of date.

I too am eagerly waiting for the release of 7.1 so I can start on my new server.

The only info I can find is its due to be released in Nov; no date specified.

http://www.freebsd.org/releng/index.html

OK, i'm also waiting 7.1, but i rather wait whatever it takes, that get half baked product like Vista, just because someone decided to release it on particular day, and didn't want to wait few days to resolve some issues ;)
Don't you agree?

Besides, there.s 7.0 and 6.3 available, which work great

killasmurf86 said:
OK, i'm also waiting 7.1, but i rather wait whatever it takes, that get half baked product like Vista, just because someone decided to release it on particular day, and didn't want to wait few days to resolve some issues ;)
Don't you agree?
I certainly agree, just anxious ;)

Back