Release schedule for FreeBSD 11.3-RELEASE

Hey guys,

We still have couple of servers with FreeBSD 10.4-RELEASE because of [1], unfortunately this is not fixed in FreeBSD 11.2-RELEASE and I'm not able to find a release schedule for FreeBSD 11.3-RELEASE.

Obviously I can go with 11-STABLE but will add lot of management to our team and will like to skip that, additionally I can't wait to December to use FreeBSD 12.0-RELEASE.

Any recommendation?

Thanks!

--
[1] https://bugs.freebsd.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=229384

You can always use 11.2-RELEASE and use freebsd-update, unless you're running it on a non-x86 or non-amd64 system.

I have to run 11-STABLE on a few systems due to them being sparc64, ppc, or ppc64-based.

If that needs just a minor patch you could upgrade to 11.2R and add the patch. Depending on you would just need to build the affected files instead of the the entire system.

Thanks for the replies, from what I understand the patch I need is for kernel so I guess I can just build the kernel with that patch?

Any idea on how to distribute that between multiple machines? (Because it's not a package I can just build in our poudriere).

Thanks!

Back