Related Desktop Errors

I am having a problem with Desktop, for the most part it works, I get "Executable: ksplashqml PID: 2134 Signal: Segmentation fault (11) Time: 5/10/19 08:22:54" at boot and when I try to restart the application.

My Dolphin file manger also has blacked out windows some times.

TigerVNCviewer will no longer open: "Could not open library 'libkdeinit5_vncviewer Cannot load library libkdeinit5_vncviewer: (Shared object "libkdeinit5_vncviewer" not found, required by "kdeinit5") '".

This all worked in the past, not sure if it happened after one of my past updates or not (Bhyve has been working so, I haven't really been paying attention to it.)
I am on 12.0-RELEASE-p3 my packages are up to date. To be honest, I am not sure if I installed the desktop from ports or packages it appears to be "Plasma5 5.15.3".
I believe they are all related.
I did "pkg update -f", it did not help. I also uninstalled TigerVNCviewer and reinstalled it.

Are you on the quarterly or latest package branch? If you're on the quarterly branch you may want to try switching to latest.

I looked at the file and followed the directions.
now I just "pkg update", then is it pkg upgrade or pkg upgrade -f ?

Don't edit /etc/pkg/FreeBSD.conf, instead create a /usr/local/etc/pkg/repos/FreeBSD.conf.

A pkg upgrade should be enough. You can force a reinstall of everything using pkg upgrade -f but that shouldn't be necessary.

Don't edit /etc/pkg/FreeBSD.conf, instead create a /usr/local/etc/pkg/repos/FreeBSD.conf.

A pkg upgrade should be enough. You can force a reinstall of everything using pkg upgrade -f but that shouldn't be necessary.

I changed to "latest" and ran pkg upgrade -f, the desktop issues remains, at some point (no reason that I can tell) the windows, dialog boxes and start menu open up blank.

No Change: I am having a problem with Desktop, for the most part it works, I get "Executable: ksplashqml PID: 2134 Signal: Segmentation fault (11) Time: 5/10/19 08:22:54" at boot and when I try to restart the application.

No change: (it is more than just Dolphin) My Dolphin file manger also has blacked out windows some times.

TigerVNC worked only when I uninstalled the pkg and installed from ports.

I even did a fresh install of FreeBSD-12.0-STABLE used "pkg install" only no ports, I still get the same issue (windows, dialog boxes and start menu open up blank).
I am tried different workspace themes and get the same result.
Any Ideas??

Thanks for quick reply, could you explain how to do this, do I add this to a config file?
In the environment. How depends on how you start your xsession. With startx, just type export QT_QUICK_BACKEND=software (assuming a bourne shell) before startx to test. If you use a display manager, many will start the session in a way so /etc/profile is sourced, so you could put
Code:
QT_QUICK_BACKEND=software; export QT_QUICK_BACKEND
there and test.

Sorry for very slow response, life took me in another direction for awhile.
In general the desktop is working good now, except for the new windows, menu's and applications starting to open blank. It happens after a little while into a session.
I added QT_QUICK_BACKEND=software; export QT_QUICK_BACKEND to /etc/profile and it did not change the blank windows.

Back