Realtek ALC882

Hello,

Arrived here because I am using ZFSguru (freebsd FreeBSD 9.1-RC3). Using ZFSguru for storage. It runs on a board which contains a Realtek ALC882 soundcard. I want to install squeeze-slave squeezelite or squeeze play on it and a upnp client so I can stream sound to it from a windows machine. Unfortunately the sound system is not recognized. During the boot I see:

Code:
hdacc0: <Realtek ALC882 HDA CODEC> at cad 2 on hdac0
hdaa0: <Realtek ALC882 Audio Function Group> at nid 1 on hdacc0

[cmd=]cat /dev/sndstat[/cmd] does not give anything.

Is there anything I can do to get it running?

Thanks,

Martijn

Hi,

Thanks for your help. Tried the setting and also read to put it into /boot/loader.conf which I tried both:

Code:
snd_hda_load="YES"
snd_driver_load="YES"

Unfortunately no success.

A [cmd=]pciconf -vl[/cmd] gives:

Code:
hdac0@pci0:0:27:0:      class=0x040300 card=0x00000000 chip=0x27d88086 rev=0x01                                                                                                                      hdr=0x00
    vendor     = 'Intel Corporation'
    device     = 'N10/ICH 7 Family High Definition Audio Controller'
    class      = multimedia
    subclass   = HDA

Maybe it is not possible / driver support?

Thanks,

Martijn

One of the problems with using a customized version of FreeBSD is that it can be hard to tell what they have done. Is this a full FreeBSD install? Maybe they just left out the sound modules.

Hi,

i was thinking the same so i installed the distro on virtualbox with ac97 hda. There it showed up so i guess it is an uunsupported device.

According to the creator of that distro it is possible to install from ports and even compile from sources.

This monkey can only do a few tricks so maybe i should not expect too much. Because i would love to make a DVD and do a Bacula backup as well. ;-)

Back