Rant about French government

Capitalism is the only system that has lifted hundreds of millions out of poverty.

Wealth is not energy. Wealth can be created and destroyed. When someone creates wealth he's not stealing from anyone. The idea that only labor creates value has long been discredited. See the labor-theory of value.

If we're to tax billionaries, let's tax loans backed by liquid assets. Loans creates money out of thin air, adding to inflation. Money is debt.

Bureaucrats are the worst species because they tax us on everything and yet they always turn a loss. And yes, I also think that the worst problem we have right now is inflation... Having experienced hyper-inflation, I dunno why Europeans don't notice that the Euro has lost +40% of its value relative to gold since COVID-19 and +80% since its creation.

Rich people own anything but money. The problem that is in our hands to solve is getting education on financial & economic subjects early on because they won't this teach at school.
Hear, hear.

My diagnosis, besides universal suffrage, points to money creation system as primary ill.
It is Wealth Sink (paper out, wealth in), inflation super booster and basically fraud.
And one of it's nasty symptoms is also Brain Drain on myriad of short term return BS projects.
 
rbranco
There is a lot of confusion in your comments The first is that bureaucrats are a result of capitalism Without them, the system cannot run The aspects of inflation that you mention are not a spontaneous appearance They are also provoked by the capitalist organization itself Capital at present is essentially based on speculation bubbles And obviously the assertion that this system is the only one conceivable is an invention to continue this human aberration
But this forum may not be the place to exchange value theory (according to the schools) Only one aspect is enough to discredit the need to continue in the capitalist "logic": The centripetal concentration of wealth (which is quantifiable) in about 10% of humans to the detriment of the other 90%
 
Capitalism is the only system that has lifted hundreds of millions out of poverty.
This is false.

Capitalism is the root of all poverty.

No idea why you're allowed political posts when others are not?

At this stage I think I'm done with this place until there is fair moderation of political postings.
 
Hear, hear.

My diagnosis, besides universal suffrage, points to money creation system as primary ill.
It is Wealth Sink (paper out, wealth in), inflation super booster and basically fraud.
And one of it's nasty symptoms is also Brain Drain on myriad of short term return BS projects.
The Greeks knew about Anacyclosis. I think the evils of universal suffrage could be somewhat mitigated if we take it to its logical conclusion counting children's "votes". Ideally, the parents of N children should have the rights to N more votes.
 
Dang fellas, this is a technical forum and while the mods allow some variance, this one is really one that seems as if it should be taking place on a political forums. I think that most of us come here for FreeBSD discussion, and my post will be #106 of this very non-FreeBSD thread.
 
Dang fellas, this is a technical forum and while the mods allow some variance, this one is really one that seems as if it should be taking place on a political forums.
My fix, which is sort of brutal: People who post political nonsense get put on my ignore list. As do people who post superficially technical stuff (such as "I hate Microsoft") if the real reason for their post is political nonsense (such as "I hate capitalism and love the GPL"). Now, that implies that those people won't get any answers from me to technical questions, and if they make technical contributions to the forum (big if), I won't read those.

Life it too short for me to try to help everyone, so only those who I decide deserve help also get it.
 
The Greeks knew about Anacyclosis. I think the evils of universal suffrage could be somewhat mitigated if we take it to its logical conclusion counting children's "votes". Ideally, the parents of N children should have the rights to N more votes.
I believe Heinlein (Kipling and original Romans) had it right - service should guarantee citizenship. Problematic to do that (not many true volunteers) in agrarian society but today it could be done. Not holding my breath tho.

Like posting to How To FreeBSD forums, to keep it even more relevant. First make some contribution, veterans check that and if you prove you have skin in the game, you can post further.
 
Dang fellas, this is a technical forum and while the mods allow some variance, this one is really one that seems as if it should be taking place on a political forums. I think that most of us come here for FreeBSD discussion, and my post will be #106 of this very non-FreeBSD thread.
It is thread regarding French government. What did you think will happen. Be glad guillotines are not out :)
 
Labor theory of value is wrong simply because:
No matter how much work I put in to configuring FreeBSD, if I am bad at it, the result is worse than fresh install.
 
I absolutely understand if people don't like politics, but this thread is political. If you don't like politics, ignore threads like these. =/
I enjoy politics for similar reason I enjoy computers.
Hobby.
It is quite an interesting puzzle to solve.
It is necessary skill and nice to have, to not be dependent on others to provide it.

And in my neck of woods, being oblivious to politics can be deadly. I reside where the East and West and increasingly South meet, often with big sticks in hand.
 
I enjoy politics for similar reason I enjoy computers.
Hobby.
It is quite an interesting puzzle to solve.
It is necessary skill and nice to have, to not be dependent on others to provide it.

And in my neck of woods, being oblivious to politics can be deadly. I reside where the East and West and increasingly South meet, often with big sticks in hand.
I too have something of an amphibian nature. I already mentioned that my parents fled the longest right-wing dictatorship in Europe, that of Salazar in Portugal. On my mother's side they went to the USA while on my father's side they went to Venezuela where I was born. Then we all fled the left-wing tyranny there. So yes, despite all this mansplaining I think we have an unique view of both sides of the Atlantic and even the so-called North vs "Global South" divide. I hate the latter term with a passion because of the marijuana stench.

Being oblivious to politics & economics is definitely deadly.
 
Back
Top