Question about the forum

... forum aspires to appeal to serious users, developers, programmers, administrators, hobbyists, and more generally: adults. We prefer that you write as such. This forum is*beep**not**beep*for children or texting teenagers! Respect your fellow forum members by posting*beep**readable*messages in a way that people from ...

My english isen't perfect, and I'm a teenager...

Can I still be on this forum, FreeBSD seem very interesting and I really want to learn it, so I might have questions I'll have to ask?

kalle97 said:
My english isen't perfect, and I'm a teenager...

Can I still be on this forum, FreeBSD seem very interesting and I really want to learn it, so I might have questions I'll have to ask?

Can you link back where that quote is from.

There is no restriction on age here. For a better experience while you begin your journey with this operating system take a look at "How to ask questions the smart way"

Good luck and welcome!

Ok I see here:

http://forums.freebsd.org/showthread.php?t=18043

It's not a knock on teenagers. The reference is that this is not twitter so don't LOL or OMG! Also to make an effort to communicate effectively by checking your spelling and so forth.

The idea is to have information accessible over time which can communicate properly well after the answer is given.

This is one of the few forums which I have seen such diligence in the creation of such an accessible media (Q&A) to help users.

It's to provide a quality driven forum vs just yet another web forum.

Yes, you are very welcome Kalle97. The rule doesn't apply to teenagers in general but to the way teenagers seem to communicate. Like replacing "you" with "u". If you put a little effort into your texts and write in normal English, nobody is going to mind your age ;)

Back