Problems installing R statistics program

Well, I was trying to install /usr/ports/math/R and I got the following message error. What datasize limit is he talking about? I have found nothing in my loader.conf about that. Need help =/

Code:
===>   R-2.9.2_1 depends on executable: pdflatex - found
===>   R-2.9.2_1 depends on executable: gfortran44 - not found
===>    Verifying install for gfortran44 in /usr/ports/lang/gcc44
Making GCC 4.4.2.20090915 for FreeBSD 8.0  target=i386-portbld-freebsd8.0
You need to increase the datasize limit to at least 700000 (and set
kern.maxdsiz="734003200" in /boot/loader.conf) to build with Java
support.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/lang/gcc44.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/math/R.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/math/R.

Well, seems solved by now. I added the line
Code:
kern.maxdsiz="734003200"
to my loader.conf, but I red in some places that somtimes you may need to change configurations within /etc/login.conf , though the default configuration for datasize is unlimited. I will post for more progress in the current situation.

fawz said:
Well, seems solved by now. I added the line
Code:
kern.maxdsiz="734003200"
to my loader.conf,
The error message was pretty informative :e

but I red in some places that somtimes you may need to change configurations within /etc/login.conf , though the default configuration for datasize is unlimited.

That would mean a user has no limitations within the bounds of the system. This doesn't mean the system itself has no limitations ;)

schroeslol.jpg

uhmmm... maybe Schroedinger's cat doesn't feel right for the joke, but Event Horizon.

Well, I meant that the configuration option should be set to "unlimited" or fitting the required level.

Hugs.

fawz said:
Well, I meant that the configuration option should be set to "unlimited" or fitting the required level.
The 'required' level is different for everyone. The default is a relatively sane choice. Most people never need to change that option. You needed different settings only because you were building GCC with java support.

Back