Solved Problem with TexLive.



Should I expect some different behavior on the FreeBSD TexLive implementation? I couldn't find anything on FreeBSD Wiki.

I installed print/texlive-full to avoid anything missing, however I am getting serious issues with fonts.

Almost any font I try to use I get some message of it not being installed, ever Latin Modern or does not work. When, in some case, it does not return a error, the process works but with a "generic" and not good looking serif font (it is not the Computer Modern), and not with the selected one.

I also tried running updmap-sys but without luck. :mad:

Setting lmodern:
mktexpk: don't know how to create bitmap font for ec-lmr12. mktexpk: perhaps ec-lmr12 is missing from the map file.

However, I installed some fonts using the getnonfreefonts-sys script later, and (only) the URW Classico worked but just when setting \allsectionsfont{\sffamily}, and only on the sections.

This is my basic template I have using since years without any problem:
\usepackage[portuguese]{babel}                % set default language
\usepackage[T1]{fontenc}                    % T1 font codification
\usepackage[utf8]{inputenc}                     % use specific encoding
\usepackage{lmodern}                         % "Latin Modern" font
\usepackage{classico}                        % "URW-Classico" font
\usepackage[official]{eurosym}                % enable "€" (official) symbol
\usepackage{setspace}                        % set space between lines
\usepackage{indentfirst}                    % indent the first paragraph
\usepackage{enumitem}                        % control layout of lists
\usepackage{gensymb}                        % enable some symbols
\usepackage{lipsum}                            % lorem ipsum tool
\usepackage{sectsty}                        % change styles of sections
\allsectionsfont{\sffamily}                    % set all sections sans-serif
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%% Improve General Appearance %%%%%%%%%%%%
%\DisableLigatures[f,i,t]{encoding = T1}    % disable ligadures
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%% Bookmarks e Links %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
\usepackage{hyperref}                % enable hyperlinks
\usepackage{bookmark}                % organize "hyperref"


EDIT: just to add the output of kpsewhich ec-lmr12.tfm:


The font is in there.
# updmap-sys
updmap will read the following updmap.cfg files (in precedence order):
updmap may write changes to the following updmap.cfg file:
dvips output dir: "/usr/local/share/texmf-var/fonts/map/dvips/updmap"
pdftex output dir: "/usr/local/share/texmf-var/fonts/map/pdftex/updmap"
dvipdfmx output dir: "/usr/local/share/texmf-var/fonts/map/dvipdfmx/updmap"

updmap is creating new map files
using the following configuration:
  LW35 font names                  : URWkb (default)
  prefer outlines                  : true (default)
  texhash enabled                  : true
  download standard fonts (dvips)  : true (default)
  download standard fonts (pdftex) : true (default)
  kanjiEmbed replacement string    : noEmbed (default)
  kanjiVariant replacement string  :  (default)
  create a mapfile for pxdvi       : false (default)

Scanning for LW35 support files  [  3 files]
Scanning for MixedMap entries    [  0 files]
Scanning for KanjiMap entries    [  0 files]
Scanning for Map entries         [  4 files]

Generating output for dvipdfmx...
Generating output for ps2pk...
Generating output for dvips...
Generating output for pdftex...

Files generated:
       15782 2017-03-16 01:58:19
       21255 2017-03-16 01:58:19
       25963 2017-03-16 01:58:19
       25963 2017-03-16 01:58:19
       25958 2017-03-16 01:58:19
          14 2017-03-16 01:58:19 ->
       25965 2017-03-16 01:58:19
       24300 2017-03-16 01:58:19
          15 2017-03-16 01:58:19 ->
         305 2017-03-16 01:58:19

Transcript written on "/usr/local/share/texmf-var/web2c/updmap.log".
updmap: Updating ls-R files.

The /usr/local/share/texmf-config/web2c/updmap.cfg file just have four fonts, exactly the ones installed using getnonfreefonts-sys: