Problem upgrading from 8.2 to 9

Hello, I'm having problems upgrading one machine from FreeBSD 8.2 to 9.0.

Previously I have upgraded 5 other machines without any problem following the FreeBSD update steps in the handbook, but in this machine, when doing the portupgrade -af the build stalls and I get this message:

Code:
Timeout, server not responding.

I have to re-start the server, run a
Code:
[B]fsck[/B]
and start again. I have tried 3 times with the same problem. Later I tried to stop apache and mysql servers and do a portupgrade -afpP to reinstall binaries and I got the same problem:

Code:
pkg_delete: unable to completely remove directory '/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages'
pkg_delete: unable to completely remove directory '/usr/local/lib/python2.7'
pkg_delete: couldn't entirely delete package `python27-2.7.2_3'
(perhaps the packing list is incorrectly specified?)
[Updating the pkgdb <format:bdb_btree> in /var/db/pkg ... - 207 packages found (-1 +0) (...) done]
--->  Installing the new version via the package
Any idea? I would like to minimize the downtime as much as possible since I'm running a web server. The VPS has 1 Gb RAM, I don't think it's a memory problem because I have upgraded 256Mb ram VPS without any problem.

Thank you in advance.

You're updating your ports, not the base system.

Code:
Would indicate network problems.

I don't think so because the server crashes and it doesn't boot, so I need to open a serial console and run a fsck. I'm trying again with # portupgrade -afpP and I'll post here the results.

I have solved the problem reinstalling portupgrade and starting again as stated in the Handbook.

Thank you and sorry for my improper formating in my messages, it won't happen again.

Back