portsnap fetch
portsnap extract
portsnap fetch update

Now when try to install something got error:
Code:
/usr/ports/ports-mgmt/portupgrade # make 
"/usr/ports/Mk/bsd.port.mk", line 1043: Unknown directive
Unknown modifier 't'

How to fix it, don't to wan't to perform OS upgrade ?

Thanks in advance !

How to fix it, don't to wan't to perform OS upgrade ?
You must upgrade if you want to use an updated ports tree. The ports tree hasn't supported 9.x in a while and requires features that are only available in newer FreeBSD releases.

So there is no any option to update the ports when it is not supported ?

If I prefer not to upgrade OS, how can I update ports to latest version that was supported
or should leave them as they are now ?

Why don't you want to upgrade the OS?
For example having some website using version of php which is not supported in the OS. Php5 should changed with php72.
Just example, for some reason the software engineer cannot change the website code, so it can work with php72.
If I update 5 to 7, website will stop working.

I now this is could sound like strange scenario, but is happening.

Php5 should changed with php72.
No, on FreeBSD you are not forced to use a specific PHP version, you can use lang/php56. The versions in the ports tree are not depending on the version of the OS. All supported versions of FreeBSD use the exact same ports tree and thus have the exact same PHP versions available. So it's perfectly acceptable to have a FreeBSD 10.3 server using PHP 7.1 and a 11.1 server with PHP 5.6.

As a matter of fact, the default PHP version is still 5.6 (for all supported FreeBSD versions). But you can choose between 5.6, 7.0, 7.1 or 7.2 if you want.

May be that was not the correct example, cause PHP56 is still supported.
For example firebird1.5, which is not supported in to new distributions.

I know that best way is everything to be last updated and I am trying to keep it up.
Just sometimes is difficult.

For example firebird1.5, which is not supported in to new distributions.
This has nothing to with the version of FreeBSD, Firebird 1.5 is End-of-Life since October 2009(!), that's almost 10 years. It's been deprecated upstream.

IF FreeBSD 9.1 was still supported it wouldn't have Firebird 1.5 any more either.

https://www.firebirdsql.org/en/discontinued-versions/

I know that best way is everything to be last updated and I am trying to keep it up.
Just sometimes is difficult
You've mostly made it difficult for yourself by not updating. Instead of constantly updating, fixing minor issues and continuing you chose to ignore updates and are now faced with major hurdles that can't easily be overcome.

That is a good question.
To have latest supported three for the version.

Ok, thanks a lot everyone !

From the FreeBSD website (emphasis mine):
Support of FreeBSD releases by ports and the ports infrastructure currently matches the policies set out by the FreeBSD Security Officer. Once a major branch X reaches its EOL date, the "last known good" ports tree will be tagged with the RELEASE_X_EOL tag as a convenience to those remaining users who intend to self-support their installations. This tag is not supported in any way and security fixes will not be applied. Usage is therefore highly discouraged and should only be used if there is no other option; consumers are expected to provide their own support.

So, you can delete your ports tree and fetch the RELEASE_9_EOL tag. That will give you the ports tree as it was back in 2016. I'll leave it up to you to figure out how to do that. :)

Note that RELEASE_9_EOL may be a working ports tree, it is not a supported ports tree. There is a subtle and distinct difference between "it may work" and "it is supported".

Back