Prevent a package from being installed

Trying to set FreeBSD on Angie's computer I have a serious issue. Angie's computer have an old graphics card and needs nvidia-driver-304. But when I go to rebuild all packages with pkg2ng tries to update to the latest nvidia-driver and of course this two nvidia-drivers, conficts. How can I say to pkg2ng to do not upgrade nvidia-driver during the process of rebuild all packages? Is the first time that I use precompiled packages and pkg2ng and I stack.

Re: Prevent a package from being install

sk8harddiefast said:
Trying to set Freebsd on Angie's computer I have a serious issue. Angie's computer have an old graphics card and needs nvidia-driver-304.
But when I go to rebuild all packages with pkg2ng tries to update to the latest nvidia-driver and of course this two nvidia-drivers, conficts.
How can I say to pkg2ng to do not upgrade nvidia-driver during the process of rebuild all packages? Is the first time that I use precompiled packages and pkg2ng and I stack.
I remember another post on this topic awhile back and the solution was to use pkg lock. See pkg-lock(8).

How to rebuild all packages on my system with pkg2ng? I cannot remember the command :(

I read the manual but I don't find the command :( and If I will not rebuild all packages I cannot tell you if pkg lock worked.

sk8harddiefast said:
I read the manual but I don't find the command :( and If I will not rebuild all packages I cannot tell you if pkg lock worked
You should not have to re-install all packages to verify pkg lock pkg-name works as you need it to. Just try upgrading the locked package. The lock should prevent it.

Sorry that I answered too late just a friend come to my home to drink a beer.
Is not preventing it.
I run sudo pkg lock nvidia-driver and pkg lock nvidia-driver-331.20 but none of theme worked.
sudo pkg check -d -a tells me that wants to reinstall nvidia-driver-331.20
Also I ask the command to rebuild all the packages using pkgng because I want thinking that I know it but is not this that I had in my mind and I want know it.
Was a general question. Not only for the specific problem. Just is a usefull command.

Back