PPPoE on D-link 2640

:stud
1- After a while I'm here again, Sorry for awful English, I'm trying to lean The Queen's English as soon as possible.MERCI!
2- I have a D-link 2640U Modem/Router/ADSL2+ (something like DSL-2740R without IEEE 802.11n draft 2.0 specification!!!)
3- I used to work with a Dialup system (I didn't have a ADSL one!). But Now I have a ADSL Provider and this make me Ultra Happy, But I can't make concetion with Internet.
4- I was away from FBSD for a while time (About 1 years old), I'm not a dummy but I forget some setting/configuration for establishing a ADSL/Router Modem to My BSD(PC)!
5- I read some title in in Handbook/Forum/Mailing List, but without any success until now
6- I know that you're busy and you don't have any wasting time to solve such as these SemiDummy Questions.
7- But I'm in serious Problem, I cant access Internet, as a result no Port/src upgrade, so I'm frozen in 0 Kelvin (-270 centigrade).
8- Please advice me in any context that you prefer (link to topic (Ext/Int) or a detailed guide in this thread).

How Can I Make a Connection to my ADSL/Router to Internet + considering Security issues.

I know that it's a big request, But I hope you help, frankly, I'd leaned FBSD more efficiency here other that Manual.

Thanks in advanced SuperBSD, And I appreciated your efforts.
I love This OS and you very much.

Please consider that I'm completely newbie to ADSL connection.

The easiest (and probably most useful) way is to set up your adsl2 modem as a router. Therefore you can set your modem as default gateway in FreeBSD:
# route add default ROUTER_INTERNAL_IP
where ROUTER_INTERNAL_IP is usually 192.168.1.1 ; no additional software required.

Tip: you can also configure DCHP on your router later.

PS: there is should be "howto" for configuring modem on your ISP's website

Back