Solved poudriere and jail process limits

I run poudriere in a jail and it works pretty well, however just yesterday I ordered a new, quad-core w/HT, machine to migrate everything to, and on this new server I have to limit poudriere to 4 concurrent build tasks (it defaults to the number of CPUs present) because otherwise I get jail: prison limit reached for each builder above 4.

I could not find anything related to this on the web and man jail is not being all that helpful; could someone please point me at what I am (quite obviously) doing wrong here?

Update: export jail_poudriere_flags="-p 256" in the jail configuration file does not help.

I could not find anything related to this on the web and man jail is not being all that helpful; could someone please point me at what I am (quite obviously) doing wrong here?
You need to set it in /usr/local/etc/poudriere.conf:
Code:
# parallel build support.
#
# By default poudriere uses hw.ncpu to determine the number of builders.
# You can override this default by changing PARALLEL_JOBS here, or
# by specifying the -J flag to bulk/testport.
#
# Example to define PARALLEL_JOBS to one single job
# PARALLEL_JOBS=1

# How many jobs should be used for preparing the build? These tend to
# be more IO bound and may be worth tweaking. Default: PARALLEL_JOBS * 1.25
# PREPARE_PARALLEL_JOBS=1

Set PARALLEL_JOBS to 4 to limit it to 4 concurrent builders.

I'm unsure if my question was somehow vague, but let me rephrase:

I want poudriere to use 8 builders. It's the default for my system due to the number of CPUs available. It does not work due to process limits. I have to either use PARALLEL_JOBS=4 in the configuration file or the -J 4 command line switch right now for poudriere to work. Anything above 5 leads to the aforementioned error message.

I want to use 8 builders. How do I go about it?

RACCT is disabled:
Code:
xiatian@happysky:~ % rctl
rctl: RACCT/RCTL present, but disabled; enable using kern.racct.enable=1 tunable
I wish I knew… Are you also running that poudriere instance in a jail?

Back