Postfix and dovecot and mysql for mail sever.

In relation to your SSL problem, "fullchain.pem" seems like the chain file for the cert. Does it actually have the cert in it?

Run
openssl x509 -in /usr/local/etc/letsencrypt/live/kasdivi.com/fullchain.pem -text -noout | grep Subject:

and if it doesn't have your domain in it after the "CN=" part in any of the resulting lines, then that's just the chain CA file you have to append to your cert (create a new file for this).

I had it working for years in conjunction wit something called Maia that handles spam and the like. (https://www.purplehat.org/?p=736 Portions of it that provided a web control page went away.
The developed man new guide (https://www.purplehat.org/?p=1446). which unfortanlely was moving away from [FILE}mysql[/FILE] and Apache (both of which I used for other things. and introduced Rspamsd. I was trying to walk a line in between and the kine of left my unsupervised

My service auth looks like this

Code:
service auth {
   unix_listener /var/spool/postfix/private/auth {
        mode = 0660
        user = postfix
        group = postfix
  }
   unix_listener /var/spool/postfix/private/dovecot-lmtp {
        mode = 0660
        user = postfix
        group = postfix
}
    unix_listener auth-userdb {
        mode = 0660
        user = vscan
         group = vscan
  }
  }

(oooooh using code tab helps me with blank lines )

I also have
Code:
unix_listener /var/spool/postfix/private/dovecot-lmtp

in my imap and lmtp which sort of seemed correct as a transfer again

I think I REALLY scewed up my ssl certificates. which I working on

Doe my authsction make any sense to you??

Thanks again

Everything looks fine in the dovecot-sql.conf.ext, except for the fact that you put your password to the database in the cut/paste. Maybe go back and edit that post.

I'm thinking if Dovecot can't find the passdb, there's more mismatched brackets? (Assuming you uncommented "!include auth-sql.conf.ext" in "10-auth.conf" and those files are in the same directory of /usr/local/etc/dovecot/conf.d/ and the SQL config referenced in auth-sql.conf.ext is in /usr/local/etc/dovecot/dovecot-sql.conf.ext )
fixed the password issue

went back an checked. uncommented, yes, same dircertory , yes.. sql config, yes. same directory -- yes. {} brackets resolve. .....98% cure. are all system still broke. I am completely redoing the certtcates. see if that helps

I have had this feeling that my ssl was messed up. so I redid SSL and for the time being I am using self assigned using
Openssl. I THINK I have changed all the reference to the certs but I am getting the following

Code:
postfix/master[17437]: warning: /usr/local/libexec/postfix/smtpd: bad command startup -- throttling
Apr 21 00:11:20 triggerfish postfix/master[17437]: warning: process /usr/local/libexec/postfix/smtpd pid 65060 exit status 1
Apr 21 00:11:34 triggerfish dovecot[64673]: imap-login: Error: auth-client: conn unix:login (uid=0): Timeout waiting for handshake from auth server. my pid=65048, input bytes=0
Apr 21 00:11:34 triggerfish dovecot[64673]: imap-login: Disconnected: Auth process broken (disconnected before auth was ready, waited 30 secs): user=<>, rip=186.159.102.85, lip=209.160.64.187, session=<XVwGg5MWyee6n2ZV>
Apr 21 00:11:34 triggerfish dovecot[64673]: imap-login: Error: auth-client: conn unix:login (uid=0): Timeout waiting for handshake from auth server. my pid=65055, input bytes=0
Apr 21 00:11:34 triggerfish dovecot[64673]: imap-login: Error: auth-client: conn unix:login (uid=0): Timeout waiting for handshake from auth server. my pid=65052, input bytes=0
Apr 21 00:11:34 triggerfish dovecot[64673]: imap-login: Disconnected: Auth process broken (disconnected before auth was ready, waited 30 secs): user=<>, rip=186.159.102.85, lip=209.160.64.187, session=<PY0Ig5MW0ee6n2ZV>
Apr 21 00:11:34 triggerfish dovecot[64673]: imap-login: Disconnected: Auth process broken (disconnected before auth was ready, waited 30 secs): user=<>, rip=186.159.102.85, lip=209.160.65.133, session=<FkEHg5MWz+e6n2ZV>
Apr 21 00:11:34 triggerfish dovecot[64673]: imap-login: Error: auth-client: conn unix:login (uid=0): Timeout waiting for handshake from auth server. my pid=65054, input bytes=0
Apr 21 00:11:34 triggerfish dovecot[64673]: imap-login: Disconnected: Auth process broken (disconnected before auth was ready, waited 30 secs): user=<>, rip=186.159.102.85, lip=209.160.65.133, session=<pKIHg5MW0Oe6n2ZV>
Apr 21 00:11:34 triggerfish dovecot[64673]: imap-login: Error: Failed to initialize SSL server context: Can't load SSL certificate (ssl_cert setting): The certificate is empty: user=<>, rip=186.159.102.85, lip=209.160.64.187, session=<8rc5hJMW4ue6n2ZV>
Apr 21 00:11:34 triggerfish dovecot[64673]: imap-login: Error: auth-client: conn unix:login (uid=0): Timeout waiting for handshake from auth server. my pid=65056, input bytes=0
Apr 21 00:11:34 triggerfish dovecot[64673]: imap-login: Disconnected: Auth process broken (disconnected before auth was ready, waited 30 secs): user=<>, rip=186.159.102.85, lip=209.160.65.133, session=<WDAKg5MW0ue6n2ZV>
Apr 21 00:11:36 triggerfish dovecot[64673]: auth: Fatal: No passdbs specified in configuration file. PLAIN mechanism needs one
Apr 21 00:11:36 triggerfish dovecot[64671]: master: Error: service(auth): command startup failed, throttling for 60.000 secs

Ok with self assigned I di not have or did not know what I was supposed to use for a CA-CRT. with self assigned certifiates. So I imaginethet is a major problem since is AUTH

just as a side not I see an error involving postfix/smtpd which I assumed means the SMTP Daemon. Doesn't LMTP replace SMTP or is that just for Dovecot

SMTP and LMTP should be handled by Postfix and delivered to mbox/maildirs that Dovecot reads. I also don't think whatever Dovecot does with LMTP is enabled unless you turned it on in the "protocols =" section in dovecot.conf.

I don't know what the purpose is of having two client unix-listeners in auth.

You still have this problem:
auth: Fatal: No passdbs specified in configuration file. PLAIN mechanism needs one

Which kind of makes me think it's not pulling in the configuration files properly.

In order to get to auth-sql.conf.ext you need in:
/usr/local/etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf: "!include conf.d/*.conf"
/usr/local/etc/dovecot/conf.d/10-auth.conf: "!include auth-sql.conf.ext"

and all three of those files and /conf.d need to be readable by the Dovecot user

I decided that I am an idiot. ()duuuh). and went back to basics and stepped back from letsencrypt for the moment

I went back and used the a simple ssl configuration based on openssl. Lets see how that goes

There's something messed up with your files. I would check permissions and ACLs.

sudo -u dovecot test -r /usr/local/etc/dovecot/conf.d/auth-sql.conf.ext
echo $?

Ok simple sort of works except for

Error: conn unix:auth-worker (uid=143): auth-worker<1>: pam(jason@kasdivi.com,186.159.102.85,<25bsFrEWscq6n2ZV>): pam_authenticate() failed: Authentication error (/etc/pam.d/dovecot missing?)
I THINK(?). that this means I still have an issued in the conf.d files

I cleaned the PAM issue whichwasa types with the path to the ca-file.
SMTP and LMTP should be handled by Postfix and delivered to mbox/maildirs that Dovecot reads. I also don't think whatever Dovecot does with LMTP is enabled unless you turned it on in the "protocols =" section in dovecot.conf.

I don't know what the purpose is of having two client unix-listeners in auth.

You still have this problem:

Which kind of makes me think it's not pulling in the configuration files properly.

In order to get to auth-sql.conf.ext you need in:

and all three of those files and /conf.d need to be readable by the Dovecot user
Went boack through these and

n order to get to auth-sql.conf.ext you need in:
yes
yes
changed owner ship to the mail group which includes dovecot

meal comes in fine but nothing goes out

postfix/smtpd[9639]: fatal: no SASL authentication mechanisms
which I understand say say my dovecot ssl is still messed p
I checked 10-ssl.conf. and the SSL paths appear good

Code:
ssl_cert = </usr/local/etc/openssl/server.crt

ssl_key = </usr/local/etc/openssl/server.key

# If key file is password protected, give the password here. Alternatively

# give it when starting dovecot with -p parameter. Since this file is often

# world-readable, you may want to place this setting instead to a different

# root owned 0600 file by using ssl_key_password = <path.

#ssl_key_password =

# PEM encoded trusted certificate authority. Set this only if you intend to use

# ssl_verify_client_cert=yes. The file should contain the CA certificate(s)

# followed by the matching CRL(s). (e.g. ssl_ca = </etc/ssl/certs/ca.pem)

ssl_ca = </usr/local/etc/openssl/rootCA.crt

I seem toe be going in a circle granted in a smaller radius

FINALLY.

The issue was , as I think you said with dovecot and 10-master.conf

If you want a copy with all the comment from core files will bd happy to provide

Back