Ports Update without getting prompted for option selection

Hi FreeBSD Forums,

Can somebody please let me know what combination of switches I need to use for either portupgrade or portmaster so that I can update all the needed packages without a blue backgrounded window appearing asking me to select/deselect options for each package.

I have been trying the following (and variations as found on the internet):

portmaster -aydbg --no-confirm
portupgrade -ay

I understood from what I have found that these should automatically confirm package install but they don't seem to automatically accept default options.

I want to be able to start the update of what is now 50 upgrades without having to select

< OK >

in the screen that appears for every package.

Please let me know if I should be going about this in another way.

Thanks!

Chris

Add -G to your portmaster command line. But if you're going to simply accept default options just use binary packages.

But if you're going to simply accept default options just use binary packages.

I did that and got in trouble. I use ports and portmaster exclusively now. I add -G to my portmaster options and let it run. For port installs I use make config-recursive to review my settings and configure them in the one shot first, then run the make install clean[CMD][/CMD].

I usually just use portmaster -aD. The options dialog doesn't present itself if options were previously selected, unless there are new options for the port.

Don't use both portmaster and portupgrade. Use one or the other.

Back