portmaster jpeg

Please someone help me every packages are about kde , when I try reinstall them with portmaster I see this error
Code:
=>  Configuring for qt4-moc-4.4.3
/bin/cp /usr/ports/devel/qt4-moc/../../devel/qt4/files/configure /usr/ports/devel/qt4-moc/work/qt-x11-opensource-src-4.4.3/src/tools/moc/../../../
/usr/bin/sed -i.bak -e 's|target.path.*|target.path=/usr/local/bin|g'  -e 's|^TARGET.*|TARGET=moc-qt4|g'  /usr/ports/devel/qt4-moc/work/qt-x11-opensource-src-4.4.3/src/tools/moc/moc.pro
/bin/mkdir -p /usr/ports/devel/qt4-moc/work/qt-x11-opensource-src-4.4.3/src/tools/moc/../../../mkspecs
/bin/ln -sf /usr/local/bin/qmake-qt4 /usr/ports/devel/qt4-moc/work/qt-x11-opensource-src-4.4.3/src/tools/moc/../../../bin/qmake

This is the Qt/X11 Open Source Edition.

The specified system/compiler is not supported:

/usr/ports/devel/qt4-moc/work/qt-x11-opensource-src-4.4.3/mkspecs/freebsd-g++

Please see the README file for a complete list.

===>  Script "configure" failed unexpectedly.
Please report the problem to kde@FreeBSD.org [maintainer] and attach the
"/usr/ports/devel/qt4-moc/work/qt-x11-opensource-src-4.4.3/src/tools/moc/../../..//config.log"
including the output of the failure of your make command. Also, it might be
a good idea to provide an overview of all packages installed on your system
(e.g. an `ls /var/db/pkg`).
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/devel/qt4-moc.

===>>> make failed for devel/qt4-moc
===>>> Aborting update

I deinstall qmake and qmake4 , but I see that error again.

I ran into the same problem. Upgraded Firefox with portmaster, which upgraded jpeg as its dependency -- then I shut down the computer to be greeted with non-functional X the next morning. After some poking around I downgraded jpeg from the package stored in /usr/ports/packages/portmaster-backup/ to get my DE back. Then I upgraded jpeg with # portmaster -w jpeg -- the binaries are now happily linked to /usr/local/lib/compat/pkg/libjpeg.so.9. Probably not a good long-term solution but at least I've got a fully functional machine before I upgrade everything dependent on jpeg.

why QT need gcc compiler ?
or why dt-moc need freebsd-g++ ?
how I can use another compiler for make qt4-moc

mfaridi said:
why QT need gcc compiler ?
or why dt-moc need freebsd-g++ ?
how I can use another compiler for make qt4-moc

When I still was actively upgrading the qt4 ports, I
had it all down on paper, which to start with:
Code:
cd /usr/ports/devel/qmake4
make checksum 
/bin/rm -iv ../../distfiles/[the old one]
/bin/rm -rf work
portsopt
make install
rehash
and then proceeded to the next line, in this case
qt4-moc, and several others, which only list
qmake4 as dependencies. Then the next time,
one would know the precise order, and can do it
piecemeal (since some take a long time, some take
a short time.)

DutchDaemon said:
Ok, it works here now, too. Somewhat. Turns out it takes some jpegs a long time to render, esp. the bigger ones, even in preview mode. When I move quickly through a directory full of large jpegs, it will show grey squares, but when I pass over them later, or more slowly, one after the other will show up eventually, only to disappear again on a later visit... Ristretto and Gimv have no problems. I'll try -devel later.

Today I installed Geeqie (gqview fork) and it works much much faster.
http://geeqie.sourceforge.net/

FreBSD has alpha version in ports but they have beta version from July.

And here is a link to debate about problem with jpeg-7 or gtk?
http://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?pid=585987

Hi, for me kde after rebuild still compiles against libjpeg.so.9 and not the correct one libjpeg.so.10 (libjpeg 1).

So what I've done was:

remove kde packages one by one, for example:

[cmd=]pkg_delete -f kdelibs-3.5.10[/cmd]

then

[cmd=]portmaster -dB /usr/ports/x11/kdelibs3[/cmd]

and so on...kdegraphics, digikam, kdenetwork, kopete ....

After that you can see if your new compiled port is using the correct DLL issuing the following comand :

Code:
$ which kopete
/usr/local/bin/kopete

$ ldd /usr/local/bin/kopete

Then search for libjpeg.so.10 if it shows libjpeg.so.9 then remove the package with pkg_delete and reinstall.

:p

Ps.: I forgot to add
Code:
, [cmd] tags, thank you DutchDaemon :)

Maurovale said:
Hi, for me kde after rebuild still compiles against libjpeg.so.9 and not the correct one libjpeg.so.10 (libjpeg 1).

So what I've done was:

remove kde packages one by one, for example:

[cmd=]pkg_delete -f kdelibs-3.5.10[/cmd]

then

[cmd=]portmaster -dB /usr/ports/x11/kdelibs3[/cmd]

and so on...kdegraphics, digikam, kdenetwork, kopete ....

After that you can see if your new compiled port is using the correct DLL issuing the following comand :

Code:
$ which kopete
/usr/local/bin/kopete

$ ldd /usr/local/bin/kopete

Then search for libjpeg.so.10 if it shows libjpeg.so.9 then remove the package with pkg_delete and reinstall.

:p

Ps.: I forgot to add
Code:
, [cmd] tags, thank you DutchDaemon :)[/quote]

...and after what you did GQview for example works correct, please?

after many try that problem can not solve so I change my OS and install FreeBSD 7.2 . last version was 7

aragon said:
Have you tried symlinking the old library file to the new one? It's not a pretty approach and doesn't always work, but it's worth a try.

Code:
cd /usr/local/lib && ln -s libjpeg.so.10 libjpeg.so.9

Thanks. I know it's an ugly fix, but itll work for now.

Back