portmaster didn't install vim dependency ruby

I installed vim via portmaster:

# portmaster -P /usr/ports/editors/vim

but after trying to run vim, I got this error message:
Code:
/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: Shared object "libruby18.so.18" not found, required by "vim"

# portmaster --check-depends

It mostly flew through the list and installed a few updates, but it didn't do this with vim:
Code:
===>>> Checking vim-7.3.121
        ===>>> lang/ruby18 is listed as a dependency
        ===>>> but there is no installed version

===>>> Delete this dependency data? y/n [n] 

===>>> devel/ctags is listed as a dependency

===>>> devel/cscope is listed as a dependency

I checked the manual but I'm not really sure what I'm looking for to begin with. I guess I could install ruby myself but that's what portmaster is supposed to do for me isn't it?

As an aside, how come portmaster isn't in the online man pages?

andyzammy said:
I installed vim via portmaster:

# portmaster -P /usr/ports/editors/vim

but after trying to run vim, I got this error message:
Code:
/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: Shared object "libruby18.so.18" not found, required by "vim"

This could happen if you've adjusted the OPTIONS locally to something other than the defaults (which are what the FreeBSD packages are built with). You can try make showconfig in editors/vim to see if it's been changed, and make rmconfig to remove any customizations.

Hope this helps,
Doug

dougb@ said:
This could happen if you've adjusted the OPTIONS locally to something other than the defaults (which are what the FreeBSD packages are built with). You can try make showconfig in editors/vim to see if it's been changed, and make rmconfig to remove any customizations.

Hope this helps,
Doug

I installed via packages (-P). Would options still have affected this? Either way I don't think I changed any options as I set about installing vim via packages in the first place. I have since installed ruby too.

Back