Porting zimbra

iceburn said:
Following your README

textbox1# pkg_add pkg/bash-4.0.10_2.tbz
pkg_add: could not find package libiconv-1.11_1 !
pkg_add: could not find package gettext-0.17_1 !

/usr/ports/shells/bash

so I compiled one from ports, its being installed in a jail (ezjail), so had to create the link in the basejail.

# pkg_add pkg/rpm-5.0.3_2.tbz
pkg_add: could not find package expat-2.0.1 !
pkg_add: could not find package beecrypt-4.1.2_1 !
pkg_add: could not find package pkg-config-0.23_1 !
pkg_add: could not find package lua-5.1.4 !
pkg_add: could not find package pcre-7.8 !
pkg_add: could not find package sqlite3-3.6.11 !
pkg_add: could not find package db45-4.5.20.0 !
pkg_add: could not find package libxml2-2.7.3 !
pkg_add: could not find package neon28-0.28.3 !
pkg_add: could not find package popt-1.7_5 !
pkg_add: could not find package xar-1.5.2 !

/usr/ports/archivers/rpm5

So installed from ports with WITHOUT_X11=yes and NOPORTDOCS=yes to cut down on the libraries required (esp. QT)

# pkg_add pkg/fetchmail-6.3.9.tbz
pkg_add: could not find package ca_root_nss-3.11.9_2 !

/usr/ports/mail/fetchmail

The ./install.sh works

But I'm having issues with my AMD64 server, when it starts importing the MySQL tables which causes it to lockup. So i haven't tested it any further. Seems like there is a problem with my gjournal or something which causes it to lockup.

Hopefully i figure out whats wrong or even remove the gjournal and go back to UFS+SU to test again.

From the README.FIRST:
I took the liberty of precompiling all the needed packages (-O2), however you will have to fetch the required dependencies all by yourself.
-snip-

However, I am wrong in the README.FIRST, one needs to be in the pkg directory for pkg_add to pick up dependencies properly :(.
I changed the README.FIRST and added a little troubleshooting FAQ.
http://mango.euba.sk/zimbra/zcs-install-FreeBSD_amd64/README.FIRST

As for mysql, I think it might be related to mysql+jail+auth problem. You will have to alter the mysql access list for this to work properly.
Please, check the logs whether mysql really hangs or whether mailboxd just keeps throwing exceptions 'cos of mysql.

I'm currently downloading the source package to try the i386 version. Our production mail server is amd64, but the only machines I have to test with right now are 32 bit.

If Zimbra works as advertised and I can get away from The Horde, then I can get all those (whiny) iPhone and Blackberry users to stop using Google Calendar instead of the house system.

Code:
Sat May 30 12:17:25 2009 *** Running as zimbra user: /opt/zimbra/bin/zmzimletctl -l deploy zimlets/com_zimbra_bulkprovision.zip
[] INFO: Deploying Zimlet com_zimbra_bulkprovision in LDAP.
[] INFO: Installing Zimlet com_zimbra_bulkprovision on this host.

I just sits there on the installation. I left it for about 12 hours and nothing.

iceburn said:
Sat May 30 12:17:25 2009 *** Running as zimbra user: /opt/zimbra/bin/zmzimletctl -l deploy zimlets/com_zimbra_bulkprovision.zip
[] INFO: Deploying Zimlet com_zimbra_bulkprovision in LDAP.
[] INFO: Installing Zimlet com_zimbra_bulkprovision on this host.

I just sits there on the installation. I left it for about 12 hours and nothing.
Check the setup log file for:
*** Running as zimbra user: /opt/zimbra/bin/zmcontrol start

It should be located ~64 lines before those lines you pasted. Check if all services started normally. Check for running processes etc.
In any case try to rerun the setup.

I have never run into such problems myself :'‑(.

Hey guys - checking in on this thread as I would love to see Zimbra on Freebsd. I only have i386 :-( so I guess I am stuck with linux at the moment.

solko-fbsd are you still working on this at all?

Oh well, kinda different problems nowadays (to-be-father-soon).
And then there is ZCS 6.0 which made my efforts kinda obsolete.

Please, poke me on ICQ 171813600, we should manage somehow.

I am going to look into it, I promise.

Hey Congrats!!

Being a Dad comes first!!! I wish the best for you both, and a safe and happy birth!

As for zcs - it can wait. More important things to do for you now!

Cheers

Back