Please Enable The POLL feature

Dear Friends,

I feel it is important to enable "POLL" feature in this forum
and get opinion from the FreeBSD Enthusiastic.

It will help every one (including Developers) to know what majority think about certain things.

Let me know what you people think about this.

Once in a while you get useful feedback from a poll. Other times you get flames and bike sheds. Not offering it is definitely a way to keep the flames low.

Well, not allowing replies to threads would also keep flames low. Or only letting mods post. ;)

I agree: polls are useful. Let's give them a chance. Individual problem threads can always be removed/closed.

sremick said:
Well, not allowing replies to threads would also keep flames low. Or only letting mods post. ;)

Yes; it's a good !dea.

hope it is possible in vBulletin; to configure, by minimizing the possibility of flames so that we get More GOOD than BAD :)

I don't know if vB has the option of having polls posted only after moderator approval. Most polls are notoriously bad -- they are incomplete, leave out options, have contradicting or overlapping options, etc. This in turn leads to a massive and rather useless thread below it, because people feel the need to either complain about the poll or to suggest improvements to it ...

Back