pkg_version: corrupted package

I tried to use pkg_version to list me the packages needing an update with the command
$ pkg_version -vIL=
However it produces some errors, for lots of packages. The last few lines of the output is here:
Code:
pkg_version: corrupted record for package xorg-7.5.2 (pkgdep line without argument), ignoring
pkg_version: corrupted record for package xorg-apps-7.5.2 (pkgdep line without argument), ignoring
pkg_version: corrupted record for package xorg-drivers-7.5.2 (pkgdep line without argument), ignoring
pkg_version: corrupted record for package xorg-server-1.7.7_6,1 (pkgdep line without argument), ignoring
pkg_version: corrupted record for package xpdf-3.03_1 (pkgdep line without argument), ignoring
xterm-281_1                         <   needs updating (index has 282)
pkg_version: corrupted record for package yelp-2.30.2_4 (pkgdep line without argument), ignoring
I tried deleting and restoring the ports tree but it didn't help. What could be wrong?

My guess would be that you have corrupted or missing files somewhere.

The package system uses files in /var/db/pkg, and /usr/ports/INDEX-8, and maybe others

Sorry, forgot to say I am on 9-STABLE.

I checked a few pages and they all say that I have to recompile and reinstall some offending ports. I have checked, and I have literally a few hundreds of those. In the end, thinking I will have to recompile all those packages, I thought I might just as well jump to -CURRENT. That is what I am doing at the moment, wish me luck :)

Yeah I ran that beforehand, but it didn't fix it either. Also, I was too scared to go -CURRENT and am just force-reinstalling the ports on 9-STABLE :)

Ah, too bad. BTW, if you want to track CURRENT then make sure you put MALLOC_PRODUCTION=true in /etc/src.conf and disable some DEBUG options in the KERNCONF file.

What do you guys use to speed up the compilation process? Because I have the feeling that compiling 657 ports will take an eternity on my netbook :D

Packages? :p The ones for ports-mgmt/pkg are a bit out-of-date but the "normal" packages are up-to-date. In case you track -CURRENT and your architecture is amd64 then I could send you my local repo for ports-mgmt/pkg which is quite up-to-date.

BTW, your netbook has no Intel integrated graphics? Because you have e.g. xorg-server-1.7.7_6,1 instead of xorg-server-1.10.6_1,1.

I don't think pkgng is mature enough or popular enough yet. With time this might change though. And the next time I install FreeBSD from scratch I might go the pkgng way. But for now, I have a working system built on ports and want to keep it that way.

So any ideas? It has been compiling for a few hours now and is at 22/657 :S

Back