Solved pkg upgrade => cacti/apache24 then segmentation fault (11)

Hi, this morning decided to roll the dice and run pkg upgrade because of old packages. After the pkg upgrade completed, could not connect to our cacti server. Deinstalled php71 and its extensions, installed php56 + -extensions. Chose the php extensions to match the Makefile in /usr/ports/net-mgmt/cacti

Normally we access cacti with a redirect to https. When trying, could not reach page.

The log is showing:
[Thu Oct 04 11:37:58.743522 2018] [core:notice] [pid 87551] AH00052: child pid 87572 exit signal Segmentation fault (11)

At a loss here as to why its seg faulting.
Anyone have any ideas?
Thanks.

Make sure you have the correct mod_php* installed. I've noticed when switching PHP versions that this module isn't automatically changed and needs to be done by hand.

Hi SirDice, had mod_php71 installed. Deinstalling and will install mod_php56 and try.
Thanks.

Hi SirDice, mod_php56 was already installed. However, deinstalled and ran a make install for it and then restarted apache24 and can now access cacti.

Thank you for your help SirDice!

One more thing SirDice,
I am assuming when cacti was upgrade with pkg upgrade, it installed php71 but not mod_php71. So here is the question. If php56* and mod_php56 is deinstalled, and then install php71 and extensions and then mod_php71 and finally deinstall/reinstall cacti, you think it will work?

It should, yes. The default PHP version recently changed, which is probably why it tried to switch the first time. But thanks to FLAVORs you should be able to switch back and forth between 5.6 and 7.1. With the notable exception of the mod_php* package, that requires a bit of manual intervention.

Thanks for getting back to me SirDice. Will deinstall php56-\*, mod_php56 and cacti. Then will install php71, mod_php71 and cacti and will see if it works. Hopefully it does.

Hi SirDice, yes you were 100% dead on. cacti with php71 is working just fine. Thank you very much!

Back