pkg update packagesite.pkg: Not Found

Hi,
I've moved to git with poudriere a while ago. Since then on clients I get an error with pkg update for Freebsd and local repositorys:

Updating FreeBSD repository catalogue...
pkg: http://pkgmir.geo.freebsd.org/FreeBSD:13:amd64/quarterly/packagesite.pkg: Not Found
FreeBSD repository is up to date.

However it updates the catalouge by packagesite.txz and pkg upgrade is working fine. but I can't find the configuration pointing to the obsolete (?) packagesite.pkg. Any advice?

Attach files

but I can't find the configuration pointing to the obsolete (?) packagesite.pkg.
It's the other way around, the *.pkg extension is new. It was added with 1.17.0.

ah, thanks for clarifying this. anyway, I still would need help to fix this

The "quarterly" repository seems not be updated to the new packagesite.pkg format yet:
Code:
packagesite.txz            6595800          2021-Aug-17 04:24

"latest" is:
Code:
packagesite.pkg           6620704         2021-Aug-18 12:12

Nothing you can do to fix it. Wait until it's updated, a few hours (or day's).

So it looks like you've been mixing the latest ports with the quarterly packages. That's not a good premise. Best is not to mix ports and packages but if you do make sure to use the latest packages with the latest ports or the quarterly packages with the quarterly ports branches. Or else you're going to end up with a lot of version discrepancies.

If you have a local repository make sure you build everything you need in your local repository. And disable the FreeBSD repository.

echo "FreeBSD: { enabled: no }" > /usr/local/etc/pkg/repos/FreeBSD.conf

I'm on quarterly packages but my pkg version is still 1.16.3 so I'm not experiencing this problem.

SirDice, this is confusing for me. we do mixing repos since a quite a time without issue. local repo is just building some of our packages with custom options.
for sure one should build all dependent ports for a custom build

Back