pkg Authentication error

dvl@

Developer
On a few hosts, as outlined in this blog post, I am hitting messages such as this during pkg upgrade -r FreeBSD-base - typically, I just restart the command it proceeds. This happens during the download of the packages.

Code:
[ 8/74] Fetching xxhash-0.8.4: 100%   107 KiB 109.2 kB/s    00:01  
[ 9/74] Fetching protobuf-c-1.5.2: 100%   149 KiB 153.1 kB/s    00:01  
pkg: https://pkgmir.geo.freebsd.org/FreeBSD:15:amd64/base_release_1/Hashed/FreeBSD-audit-dbg-15.1p4~29b2a2d6d8.pkg: Authentication error

After restarting, it might happen again:

Code:
pkg: https://pkgmir.geo.freebsd.org/FreeBSD:15:amd64/base_release_1/Hashed/FreeBSD-zoneinfo-15.1p4~2fbc7a5914.pkg: Authentication error

When updating multiple jails on a host, this gets repetitive.

I have no idea of the cause.
 
i always do something like,
Code:
root@myfreebsd:/usr # cat doit*
#git clone -b releng/15.1 https://git.freebsd.org/src.git /usr/src
rm -vfR /usr/obj/*
rm -vfR /usr/obj/.??*
cd      /usr/src/
git pull
make clean
make -j 10  buildworld   KERNCONF=GENERIC
make -j 10  buildkernel  KERNCONF=GENERIC
cd /usr/src
make installkernel
etcupdate -p
make installworld
etcupdate -B
umount -f /usb
mount /dev/gpt/usb /usb
cd /usr/src
make installkernel DESTDIR=/usb
etcupdate -p            -D /usb
make installworld  DESTDIR=/usb
etcupdate -B            -D /usb
cd /usr/src
make installkernel DESTDIR=/JAIL/myportsjail
etcupdate -p            -D /JAIL/myportsjail
make installworld  DESTDIR=/JAIL/myportsjail
etcupdate -B            -D /JAIL/myportsjail
etcupdate extract -D /jail/myportsjail -s /usr/src
etcupdate -D /jail/myportsjail
make delete-old-libs DESTDIR=/jail/myportsjail
make -DBATCH_DELETE_OLD_FILES delete-old
make -DBATCH_DELETE_OLD_FILES delete-old-libs
root@myfreebsd:/usr #


I wonder can you build a kernel & userland server. For instance using nginx . And then pull all other servers from this server.
 
Back
Top