Ping, host, and nslookup work, but csup and ports won't connect

I finally got my FreeBSD 7.0-RELEASE system to connect to my home network (a Verizon DSL router) by installing the correct driver (myk0) for my Marvell Yukon Ethernet adapter (ASUS M3A78-T motherboard). Now I can finally ping and look up hosts and nslookup, and I'm sure a couple other nifty things.

I cannot, however, connect to my DreamHost SSH account. I cannot update the ports collection using csup. I cannot either check my ports against the portaudit database file, because it won't download. These activities always result in an "operation timed out" or "no route to host" error. Therefor, I can't get anything actually useful done with my Internet connection!

Can you guys provide some leads? My /etc/hosts and /etc/resolv.conf and /etc/rc.conf are all globally readable. I've configured DHCP via sysinstall after installing this new Ethernet adapter, so it's added a couple things to the /etc/rc.conf and /etc/resolv.conf, but none of it looks obviously wrong to me.

----------
/etc/rc.conf
----------

ifconfig_myk0="DHCP"
hostname="dev.ideogon.com"
moused_type="intellimouse"
moused_enable="NO"
ntpdate_flags="ntp-1.vt.edu"
ntpdate_enable="YES"
rpcbind_enable="YES"
amd_enable="NO"
sshd_enable="NO"
inetd_enable="NO"

-------------
/etc/resolv.conf
-------------

search myhome.westell.com
nameserver 192.168.1.1
nameserver 192.168.1.1

Solved!

Amazing! Thanks so much, pamdirac!!! I'm updating ports and the outlook seems promising, again!

Just another small question: Why?! Why do I need to disable hardware checksumming? I'd have never connected those dots lol.

ideogon said:
... Why?! Why do I need to disable hardware checksumming? ...

I had the same problem with a 88E8072 and after some test I found this "bug" in the marvell driver but I don't know the "Why"

pamdirac said:
I had the same problem with a 88E8072 and after some test I found this "bug" in the marvell driver but I don't know the "Why"

I hope you filed a PR to get it fixed?

Just pick up an Intel or Broadcom for a few bucks somewhere. I assume you have room to expand?

Back